Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsubstantiated rumors, mumblings or flat out lies about 2014 locations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
    ^^^ is why I missed 2010. After getting totally sucked into the life obsession that is Dragweek my first time in 2009, I didn't go the next year because of our 10th anniversary. It worked out though since I was able to go for the next 3 years.

Bums me out that I will likely miss the 10th anniversary event unless I can schedule a biz trip close by and hitch a ride in somebodies passenger seat for the week. I already scheduled the time off as usual...just in case.

this is unacceptable.

I appreciate the suggestions - sorry to blow up the thread.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      Bahahahahaha, excellent.

crap. My flux capacitor doesn't come back until Tuesday... and I'd probably get stuck at track 3 and miss Lions. Area 51 sounded cool though!
      Wait, does it really matter "when" your flux capacitor gets back?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        Wait, does it really matter "when" your flux capacitor gets back?
        Touche!
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Bad news guys. Drag Week started yesterday.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Hey, I was there, then Don (ksj2) showed up in the slave princess outfit and I set a new record for the Kessel Run getting the F outta of there.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Bad news guys. Drag Week started yesterday.
              Life goes on...

... and that's not a rumor.
              Last edited by Casper; January 29, 2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Ahhh!

Beagle's still in
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 29, 2014, 02:07 PM.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                  Fontana, CA
                  Bakersfield, CA
                  Las Vegas, NV
                  Phoenix AZ

1054 miles minimum, rumored to start/end in Vegas. Complete unsubstantiated rumors, based on a conversation overheard at the PRI show by a friend of a friend. I give it no credence, but would love to get it going so we can hear the NY/FL guys start complaining.
                  Not a chance, unless BangShift decides to do our own West Coast version. I'm in, but Hot Rod will probably get really pissed off at us.
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

You can't trust anything Brian says. Most of the time it's jiberish anyway.

When you want the truth, I'm your guy.

With that said, I'm not talking except to say that I am 100% sure there will be 4 race tracks in 5 days. And regardless of how well all of us prepare, we are all going to forget something. Oh, and ALL of us will break down at some point.

I'll be there this year though!
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

• Thought our secret was safe BBR. LOL

Comment

• Tulsa raceway park added a picture of dragweek cars on the facebook profile,and mentioned dragweek today in a post...

Comment

• Where
                          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• Chatter on Facebook said Gateway was in the mix again.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• so who's started checking track schedules for clues?
                              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

• Ok so sounds like Gateway is in this is what Tulsa posted today on FB,

Tulsa Raceway Park
                                So here is a vid from Steve Morris Racing Engines doing a dyno pull on last years Drag Week Winner, Tom Bailey's "Sick Seconds Camaro" .. Rumor has Drag Week might be coming back to the midwest again this year.. Who would like to see it @ T.R.P. again? B.D.D.

Interesting. I might have an in a Memphis trying to find out if they are in the loop. If its Tulsa and Gateway what could another possible route be?
                                Last edited by JSisk; January 29, 2014, 04:54 PM.
                                WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X