Question For DW Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    If I was taking part in this , I'd find a buddy that has about the same set up.. meaning if you run a sbc/th350/12 bolt. and someone else has the same, team up on what each will carry.. this way you cover more, and don't carry as much.. I'm shocked that these trailers don't have a 10speed bike hanging off them. for that quick trip to the parts store if needed.. also look at how landscapers trailors are set up.. the weed whackers hang off the sides.. el cheapo harbor freight alum jack are always on sale for like 59/69 bucks.. hang it off the side.. with a lock.. they are like 15 lb's.. kinda shocked no ones made alum jack stands yet.. bonus is the jacks handle can be used as the cheater bar if needed
    You should write a dragweek handbook
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Just run a FORD they do brake and often but they will run broke and hard...
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
        You should write a dragweek handbook
        I think what he is saying is not legal on DW(support vehicle)... to my understanding
        the driver has to have anything he wants in his ride or trailer.... yes you can borrow
        things but if you borrow it everyday then you should have brought it yourself... JMO
        but I am TRYING to be self sufficient.... but we all know we do borrow stuff now and then

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
          I think what he is saying is not legal on DW(support vehicle)... to my understanding
          the driver has to have anything he wants in his ride or trailer.... yes you can borrow
          things but if you borrow it everyday then you should have brought it yourself... JMO
          but I am TRYING to be self sufficient.... but we all know we do borrow stuff now and then
          I was being sarcastic lol. I think anyone who has done the event even just one time knows the spirit of the event and the rules.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

If I was taking part in this , I'd find a buddy that has about the same set up.. meaning if you run a sbc/th350/12 bolt. and someone else has the same, team up on what each will carry.. this way you cover more, and don't carry as much.. I'm shocked that these trailers don't have a 10speed bike hanging off them. for that quick trip to the parts store if needed.. also look at how landscapers trailors are set up.. the weed whackers hang off the sides.. el cheapo harbor freight alum jack are always on sale for like 59/69 bucks.. hang it off the side.. with a lock.. they are like 15 lb's.. kinda shocked no ones made alum jack stands yet.. bonus is the jacks handle can be used as the cheater bar if needed
            So the bike thing idea already sailed, but with more speeds.

Coordinating your stuff wirth other guys begins to be mutual mule cars, so ummm, no.

Sharing when the occasion arises sure, pre-planning so you can manage the the overall plan moves away from the Two Lane Black Top vibe that Drag Week was inspired by.

After you have done the event you'll get it.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CDMBill; January 3, 2014, 10:09 PM.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              So the bike thing idea already sailed, but with more speeds.

Coordinating your stuff wirth other guys begins to be mutual mule cars, so ummm, no.

Sharing when the occasion arises sure, pre-planning so you can manage the the overall plan moves away from the Two Lane Black Top vibe that Drag Week was inspired by.

After you have done the event you'll get it.
              Where did you get the large DW sticker for your trailer... did you order it before hand
              or did you put it on while you were there... I'd like to get one

Comment

Mr. P-Body, Doc Mc ordered them and I was lucky enough to get the one that Jeff McK would have used but for a trailer failure.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Oh Harbor Freight has aluminum jack stands, I carry 4 of them, 2 Harbor freight 1.5on alum jacks. first/last year brought generator and Tig (but no rod LOL) only welded Scott Smiths radiators. Set of front street tires, spare rear race tires (drag radials) this year will probably cut back on the tools, but double up on the tires because getting caught in the rain on 275 pros SUCKS BAD. Drove Crusty to 2 True Street races after Drag Week totaling 1600 or so miles. The last trip out the lockup converter clutch went away. This clogged up the trans causing shifting and over heating problems. A trans flush on the side of the road probably would have fixed it, but I had a buddy come 100 miles with trailer to pick me up. Spare trans and converter might replace the generator and TIG next year. A Lenco would definitely solve most trans issues. But hey that dosn't seem very "Street Car"

Comment

I've been looking to pick up a small Honda gen... no way would I take my tig
                    that thing is heavy... I'm really thinking of a set of front tires/rims for the track
                    and MIGHT bring a unmounted rear tire(295/55 ET street)

EDIT
                    I assume DOC ordered them direct from Hot Rod before the
                    run
                    Last edited by MR P-BODY; January 4, 2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                      Part of this is you have more and more miles on the car and tend to know
                      the weak links .. my car is new from top to bottom with only a couple hundred
                      miles on it so far(and those miles were chasing a oil consumption problem)... since
                      I changed out the heads I've gotten some decent street miles (a hundred or so)
                      If I wouldn't break my engine EVERY year just before drag week turning up the power TNT. This year was embarrassing the way it ran, but no matter what I did it wouldn't RPM past 4200 where it acted like a rev limiter. After I got back I changed carbs and it revved faster but still wouldn't go past 4200 until I unhooked my tach. It was causing the problem. Oh well, I didn't have a chance with that engine anyway. My blower will be back in it with some updates to keep up with the mountain motors in my class.
                      Last edited by poison gas; January 4, 2014, 11:17 AM.
                      Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

One other thing that might rain on your parade that I don't think anyone has mentioned- impound. Yep, they do that to even the daily drivers (and all classes in between), not just the Unlimiteds. So if you are dependent on someone else for something daily and you get impounded, you are screwed.
                        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Since I now have a box for the truck that hauls half my shop, I was toying with the idea of writing "The Mule" below my tail gate. I hope everyone knows they are welcomed to use anything I have, but I am not carrying around stuff specifically for anyone. I wish communication was better in the pits. I found out after drag week someone pulled out because of turbo400 problems. Man, I had one of those in that big green box.

Oh, and we too had a bike. (one speed)
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

The trailer I am building has a slide out on bearing sliders and
                            one thing it will have is a small 4" vise mounted on it... so many
                            times I've tried to hold something while trying to cut or what ever
                            so that is a must for me... I wanted it a closed (basically water tight)
                            but I wanted it to be just above the bed so I can see it if backing up
                            but it ended up being 10" above the bed.... I finished welding up the
                            alum frame work for the enclosure but I need to see how much alum
                            sheet I have and how much I have to buy

Comment

Mike, your trailer design sounds good. We have seen where you can use the trailer hitch, as the mount for a vise.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Zink View Post
                                Mike, your trailer design sounds good. We have seen where you can use the trailer hitch, as the mount for a vise.
                                I dont have a receiver on my truck... its a smaller class so its just a ball
                                but if I had a slide in I would mount it there

Comment

Working...
                                X