Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week Guys On Street Outlaws Tonight!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Guys On Street Outlaws Tonight!!!!

Lutz, Fink and I've heard a couple other DW guys will be "street racing" on the discovery channels Street Outlaws tv show tonight at 9PM. The episode is named "Drag Week Education" so wel see how they portray the event. I would think them being friends with lutz and knowing how much jeff respects the event that they will acknowledge the significance of what has been accomplished the last few years at DW. But you never know how discovery is going to cut it up. I'm pumped to see it but regardless of the out come, and as much as i like the cars on this show, they shouldn't come close to Lutz or Fink. if they do wel all know it's just television.

I saw a "test hit" of Lutz car on the street(facebook vid) and it looked and sounded damn good.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I saw the test hit too, and it looked and sounded great. At least now they (OKC) will be running against some cars I know are fast, just hope they don't leave too much film on the cutting room floor. Too bad they didn't invite 1320 to shot the un-edited version.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

The episode should be very cool. I really didn't think Jeff's car could make a pass on the street but he proved me wrong. Shawn Finks nova moved out just as well. It was a blast to hang out there. I don't think there would of been anything shown by 1320 that wont be on the show. The only thing you will not get to see is everyone hanging out eating dinner together talking cars, it was kinda like the night before Drag Week starts.

Comment

Will be in the easy chair at 8 for sure. Hope some of them get signed up for Drag Week 2014. That would be a blast for sure.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

You KNOW they won't let either of those guys win... I shut down my cable, as I really don't watch any TV, and got tired of giving away 1200.00 a year, but I would like to see this episode, anywhere you know I could see it on the web?

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post
              Lutz, Fink and I've heard a couple other DW guys will be "street racing" on the discovery channels Street Outlaws tv show tonight at 9PM. The episode is named "Drag Week Education" so wel see how they portray the event. I would think them being friends with lutz and knowing how much jeff respects the event that they will acknowledge the significance of what has been accomplished the last few years at DW. But you never know how discovery is going to cut it up. I'm pumped to see it but regardless of the out come, and as much as i like the cars on this show, they shouldn't come close to Lutz or Fink. if they do wel all know it's just television.
              Chief has posted on the bullet that he would like to bring his GTO to drag week. I think that car is pretty cool. They probably wont call his car a monte carlo either since its still Pontiac powered
              -Jeff
              Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
              I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Chiefs Twin turbo against a n/a small block small tire car.
                Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Eddie you aren't missing anything, except that GTO they brought out - it's pretty awesome, probably 2300-2500hp pontiac with a pair of PT-88s. They call it 3000hp but, I say 2400
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post
                    Yep.....pretty much scripted for tv......as much drama as HGTV's House Hunters
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      Yep.....pretty much scripted for tv......as much drama as HGTV's House Hunters
                      Yeah Thom that's what I thought too but Lutz said it was all real so I guess I'll go with that?
                      Last edited by Grumpy; January 6, 2014, 09:52 PM.
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                        Eddie you aren't missing anything, . . .
                        DG, I respectfully disagree. It was a great episode. (And I don't say that merely because I live right at ground zero of the 405 . . . just a couple of long walks to either Midwest Street Cars or to Big Chief's house . . . But I've got no dog in the fight . . . I wouldn't be able to find "the list" with an NSA task force and a Turbonique rocket axle . . . Not to mention I have a five-dollar wagering limit and have to stay on the straight and narrow side of the law to stay employable).

The problem with Big Chief's wholly untested Goat was that he could only hook up maybe 500 of that phat twin-turbo h.p. (he went a tad agricultural). But he didn't take the default win when he plainly could have. And why would they have Chief lose if the results were preordained?

As for Lutz and Fink . . . both cars set up for prepped 1320 running against highly-experienced racers with cars set up for an unprepped 660 . . . Fink wasn't tuned into leaving on the flashlight (a lot harder to get perfect than a typical DW/bracket sportsman tree IMO). Lutz seemed to need more gear (and likely would have caught Daddy Dave's Sonoma on a 1/4 mile pass . . . which Dave admitted).

Lutz said these guys were serious. No reason to doubt his veracity.

Lutz, Fink and the other guys rep'd DW well, despite having less than optimized tools for the job. It was just harder than all the internet "experts" say it is.
                        Last edited by 38P; January 6, 2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                          You KNOW they won't let either of those guys win...
                          Exactly what I said would happen.. Jeff coulda' gapped that Sonoma on 10 pounds! That was all staged, and I believe Jeff can't say anything due to contractual agreements. The test hit Jeff made, the car was a MISSILE, then he runs the Sonoma and stunk the joint up, do any of you seriously believe what you saw??? Jeff has forgotten more than all the OKC crowd know combined!

Comment

I thought I heard something about a rocker being broke. Believe Jeff said something to that effect in the background. Then again, I've been on a school bus a LONG time and the last thing you want working there is your ears.

Comment

I don't remember the 62 or the Chevelle having done DW. What year did they do it or were they just filler for the DW racers?
                              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                              X