X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video is funny, ... ..

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      1. I'm reasonably certain BC never said it was a '69 (as is printed in HRM). From all the on-line photos, the car started out as an ordinary '72 LeMans. See http://www.streetkingsokla.com/justinshearer_1.html

BC's LeMans in prior livery (it appears to have a '72 Luxury LeMans grille, btw)

BC upgraded it to '70 GTO specs (with lightweight panels . . . I'm unaware of any composite body parts in the '72 LeMans style anyhow, and many '70-'72 LeMans owners have done the same over the years)

2. There is no way to make a '69 look like a '70 without virtually a complete reskin. Pontiac aficionados know (in their sleep) that GM redesigned the Tempest/LeMans/GTO body shell for MY '68, and almost completely reskinned the body for '70. The only interchangeable body panels are the hood and possibly the roof (not sure about the trunk lid). Every other panel does not match .

3. Upgrading a '72 LeMans to look like a '70 GTO is easy. Just change the front clip and the tail lamp lenses. Done.

'72 LeMans

'70 GTO

'69 GTO

4. Cars in Oklahoma don't have "pink slips", they have titles, (which BTW aren't usually "pink")

5. Would it have been so hard to say "Sorry, I was wrong?"

The real questions should be

1. Who gives a crap?

2. Refer to question 1

3. Repeat
      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
        The real questions should be

1. Who gives a crap?

2. Refer to question 1

3. Repeat
        Yeah, Slim, you're probably right. Accuracy in journalism is so passe'. Why not just knock back another Corona and appreciate the bitchin workmanship on your '79 Grand Prix . . . .

(Note to the terminally dense: I know that Slimbo's whip isn't a '79 . . . I was merely trying to illustrate a factual error analogous to FINN's screw-up in terms that Mr-I-Don't-Give-A-Crap-About-Accuracy might understand . . .

You may now return to your regularly-scheduled hero worship of those two inebriated SIM CUBE HIVE clowns, DF & FINN . . . .)

Comment

wow...
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

My name and the type of car I own have been fudged in two separate issues of hot rod. But I really dont give a crap. I have stuff to do so I don't get Hung up on stupid crap. If you spent half as much time working on you car as you do stirring the pot trying to make yourself relevant it would have been done last year.

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
              My name and the type of car I own have been fudged in two separate issues of hot rod. But I really dont give a crap. I have stuff to do so I don't get Hung up on stupid crap. If you spent half as much time working on you car as you do stirring the pot trying to make yourself relevant it would have been done last year.
              Thanks for the tip.

I'm just as "relevant" as the next slow "field filler" . . . .

Comment

Do you ever just STFU? Oh wait... you're a lawyer... guess not.
                '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

GTA91, it appears that six of your seventeen posts this January have been bitching about something I wrote (http://www.bangshift.com/forum/searc...archid=3141927 ) I think we get your point . . . .

Comment

Maybe if hotrod sucks so bad you should go read car craft and stop hanging on every move/word of Freiberger and Finnegan...
                    -Jeff
                    Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                    I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Drag Week - I'm only in it for the money.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        Drag Week - I'm only in it to spend money.
                        Feexed it . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Doc's Notch View Post
                          Maybe if hotrod sucks so bad
                          When did I say that. FINN's listening/reporting may not be up to the same high standards as his beer drinking, but when did I lambaste the whole magazine?

you should go read car craft
                          Why would you think that I don't?

and stop hanging on every move/word of Freiberger and Finnegan...
                          I have no idea what "every move" of the Drunken . . . er . . . Dynamic Duo is . . . Not even "Roadkill" itself yields Kardashian-levels of narcissistic "selfie" navel gazing for our edification and enlightenment . . . . Nor is it "hanging on every move" to point out bad reporting and even worse role modeling, IMAO.

DF & FINN seek the quasi-celebrity spotlight (the law defines them as "limited public figures") . . . All I've done is to make sport of the image, content, and meta-messages they themselves project in the media they control . . . . How is that unfair or improper?

Comment

I would hate to go to a restaurant with you, must be a joy.
                            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                              GTA91, it appears that six of your seventeen posts this January have been bitching about something I wrote (http://www.bangshift.com/forum/searc...archid=3141927 ) I think we get your point . . . .
                              I know everyone else gets the point... because they're saying the same thing I am. I think you're the only one that doesnt. lol
                              '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                              2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Originally posted by GTA91 View Post
                                I know everyone else gets the point... because they're saying the same thing I am. I think you're the only one that doesnt. lol
                                The point is.... He is a tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X