Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    I got decent mileage and never ran out of gas. That 950 carb was really rich at cruise too. The 1050 Dominator I have on it now is tuned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I did have a mild state of panic one day when my cc company decided to block it because of 'suspicious activity'. Had to have my wife call them and get it turned back on!
    Hahaha
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I got decent mileage and never ran out of gas. That 950 carb was really rich at cruise too. The 1050 Dominator I have on it now is tuned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I did have a mild state of panic one day when my cc company decided to block it because of 'suspicious activity'. Had to have my wife call them and get it turned back on!
      I'll bet that got your attention real quick when it didnt work

Comment

Yes it did because that was the card I was using all week for fuel, hotels, etc!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Locked up credit card while traveling is the only reason I have a second credit card.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

275-60
            Converter goes 6300
            No od
            3500 or more all week the faster I went the better it drives and better the mileage.
            12.5 -13 mpg.

Tim
            86 Mustang
            454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

Originally posted by GTA91 View Post
              No overdrive for me last year but it was fine... go as fast as you want to. I ran about 3,000rpm all week about 65-70mph. Plenty of guys go slower, and plenty of guys go faster.

That said, I'm putting a 6speed in right now with 2 overdrives. lol
              T56 in your nitrous car? That'll be a fun ride down the track. I don't know that I'll make it to DW14 as I'm hopefully changing employers, but I'll be watching on the live feed for the green 3 pedal 3rd Gen...

Comment

Have overdrive but mpg still sucks around 12 to 13 is what it is... Rpms are down around 2000 at 70mph did run in the 90mph trying to run with the Holley crew and Crow
                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

I did have a mild state of panic one day when my cc company decided to block it because of 'suspicious activity'.
                    Same thing happened to me in 2013. Switched to my backup card.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      ....but no car payments.
                      THX for the tip. My project car payments are higher than my new car payments . . . . It's not 1996 anymore.

Comment

I always call my credit card companies and tell them that im gonna be travling in the areas..also a good idea to stash some folding money..I also give my co-pilot a set of keys to the car,,, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                          THX for the tip. My project car payments are higher than my new car payments . . . . It's not 1996 anymore.
                          I generally quit spending money on them after a while. The depreciation thing is interesting, too.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

how fast you can go sometimes depends on who you're driving with. I was loafing along with some of my fellow Gasser class guys, we made it to the next town before dark once.
                            Even though the Mad Irishman had breakdowns, I think Jim is refering to my 3.89 gear and 4000 stall keeping us at about 55 most of the time. But we finished the week and popped a head gasket AFTER we got back.
                            Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

....but no car payments.
                              I agree with you Jim, I'd rather spend money on old paid for junk than make a payment on a new car that will be loosing value faster than you can pay it off.
                              Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

The trip is the fun, don't worry if you aren't cruising at 75 the whole way. The scenery is nice, too
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X