No announcement yet.

Schedule is a blog item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you say catering to the "street outlaws"? If this doesn't get them there, nothing will. I am going to play "Outsider" here and ask if next years will be in England to draw out Frost?
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by 73turbo53 View Post
      Great!! Its awesome to see Hot Rod trying out some new tracks. Actually this sucks big, majorly disappointed in this years selections.
      I really doubt I'm going... thats 1000 miles one way and I dont feel like spending
      that much money... got to talk with my buddy

Comment

Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma

hmmm.

"We're not in Kansas any more... we're back in Kansas"
        Last edited by Beagle; February 8, 2014, 01:55 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
          I really doubt I'm going... thats 1000 miles one way and I dont feel like spending
          that much money... got to talk with my buddy
          We should have a few weeks to make our mind up before registration opens. I'm on the fence right now as I still have much money to spend to finish my car up. It's going to probably cost me $2000 to do dw14 if I don't break anything.
          78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
            Can you say catering to the "street outlaws"? If this doesn't get them there, nothing will. I am going to play "Outsider" here and ask if next years will be in England to draw out Frost?
            I sure would say they have catered to them... and watch ... they will show up Saturday
            and wont even run the week

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma

hmmm.

"We're not in Kansas any more... we're back in Kansas"
              This years routes kind of suck IMO.
              78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by 73turbo53 View Post
                Great!! Its awesome to see Hot Rod trying out some new tracks. Actually this sucks big, majorly disappointed in this years selections.
                After 10 years kinda hard to find 4 tracks that we have not been to and are willing to participate.
                used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Dates ?

Comment

I agree with you 73tubo53! This sucks! I really hope this was not just to cater to street outlaw guys. To far to drive with hopes of being let in, oh well gonna have to hope I get registered.

Comment

Originally posted by efi-diy View Post
                      Dates ?
                      7th through the 12th... Saturday shootout is the 13th

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                        After 10 years kinda hard to find 4 tracks that we have not been to and are willing to participate.
                        Paul, call. At least they got one new track!
                        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                        Second place SSBBNA 2016
                        Third place SSBBNA 2017
                        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                          I really doubt I'm going... thats 1000 miles one way
                          heh....for me, it's ONLY 1000 miles each way! Considerably less than the other times I went.
                          Last edited by squirrel; February 8, 2014, 03:26 PM.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
                            This years routes kind of suck IMO.
                            Come on it's not that bad at least were going to some awesome tracks!!! I've gone the last three years and great bend was by far my favorite track it's on a old air force run way which i think is very fitting for a drag strip. I have a 1000 mile trip from MI and if marc decides he wants to take the 74 Z back which i'm pretty sure he will, that means i have to drive mine there and back but hey it's Drag Week!!! it's what we talk about 24/7, to the point where our "car guy" friends don't even want to hear it anymore. whats a couple hundred extra miles. lol but seriously I think it's going to stay more centrally located because it has created the most draw not because of some street racers. that is not at all what this event is about.

Comment

Originally posted by efi-diy View Post
                              Dates ?
                              Sunday September 7, 2014: Registration & Test ‘n Tune; Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, OK
                              Monday September 8, 2014: Day 1 Racing; Tulsa Raceway Park
                              Tuesday September 9, 2014: Day 2 Racing; Heartland Park, Topeka, KS
                              Wednesday September 10, 2014: Day 3 Racing; Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble, OK
                              Thursday September 11, 2014: Day 4 Racing; S.R.C.A. Drag Strip, Great Bend, KS
                              Friday September 12, 2014: Day 5 Finals; Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, OK
                              Saturday, September 13, 2014: SPECIAL 10TH ANNIVERSARY DRAG WEEK HEADS-UP EVENT; Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, OK

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/2014-hot-rod...#ixzz2sloIAdeu
                              Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                                Paul,
                                I dont really expect all new track, this will make 3 out of the last 4 years in virtually the same place. There are a lot of nice tracks in MI, OH, IN, PA, IL or even farther east that would of made more sense to me for this years selection.
                                Last edited by 73turbo53; February 8, 2014, 03:35 PM.
                                1973 Camaro Z Jy 5.3 & S475 10.99 on 6.5 lbs, cant wait to get the cage in
                                2013 DRAG WEEK SURVIOR

Comment

Working...
                                X