• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 38P View Post
    Even New Holland?
    nah...
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
    Join The Militia

Comment

Please consider my entry into this drawing....This would be my first Drag Week and I would like to run the Daily Driver class. My name is Scott Brown.

I rescued my car from a storage unit about two years ago. It didn`t have any drivetrain. I found a good 5.3 from an 02 truck, changed the cam,installed in front of a built Circle D converter and 4L60e. Rear end is a 9 in built by Quick Performance. I have tryed to keep this car stock appearing as possible...including the fender skirts covering 235-60-15 M./T drag radials. Best times so far on pump gas an 10 lbs is 11.07 @ 126.

Now...I am gonna be really low on cash by the time DW comes around. I had to pay Charles Wickham`s wife a substantial amount of cash to get him out of the house for that week....since he is riding shotgun . Please don`t hold it against me!! lol

Thanks!!

Last edited by moter; February 20, 2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksuhre View Post
        As an alumni of Freiburger University (affectionately referred to as "F.U." or "Drag Week"), I would like to pay-it-forward a bit and offer a scholarship to DW '14 for an enrolled Freshman (a.k.a. Newbie). The scholarship application requires the following:
        1.) You have never been to Drag Week as a participant.
        2.) You write a short bit about yourself and your ride on this thread.
        3.) You manage to get registered in the 260-car field and then post your registration number.
        4.) Your spouse (or girl/boy friend), Mom and Dad all refuse to let you spend money on something as silly as Drag Week.

I will put all the names that qualify in a hat, then drink a beer or two and select a winner. The winner will receive reimbursement of the registration fee plus $250.00 for gas. I will also reveal to the winner several upperclassmen secrets on how survive DW on a budget (e.g. camp like two-time HotRod winner Tom Dziengel, get free margaritas from SB/NA winner Jake Stelter after he has had too many, don't eat because you feel sick from heat exhaustion...).

Let the games begin!
        Kerby
        Kerby, this is a great and generous idea. I will add a $100.00 prepaid Visa card to the FU DW Scholarship Fund for gas, food, hotel, whatever. Card to be handed to Kerby to give to the successful applicant/entrant after they pass tech.

BTW Kerby, this is going to be a difficult decision unless you use the proven ping pong balls in a margarita mixer method, first one that pops out wins.
        Last edited by CDMBill; February 13, 2014, 01:22 PM.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by moter View Post

I had to pay Charles Wickham`s wife a substantial amount of cash to get him out of the house for that week..

Wait, figure she would be paying your whole trip for him to get the f' out!!

If you cannot tell, Charles is loved here, or we would not pick on him.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Kerby, you are a class act!
            Take care, & be safe.
            R, CZ
            sigpic

Comment

Damn supportive girlfriend.... no. 4 Dq for this guy. "you should go.... it will be fun she said" I knew she was up to somthing...hahaha all kidding aside I plan on going as first time competitor as I was navigator in 2011 and I managed to buy the car I rode in too

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                I'd have my son enter, but his old man is a total enabler .... and no. 4 would disqualify him
                Oh yea ... he's only 16 y/o as well .....
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Kerby, you are one cool dude. I hope to get a chance to have a beer with you somewhere in Oklahoma or Kansas during DragWeek.

Dino
                  Last edited by Dino98T/A; February 13, 2014, 04:46 PM.
                  http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

very cool idea... if everyone threw down a 10spot that would cover a lot of fuel and motels,

Comment

I'll throw my name in the hat. 47 year old with a 65 GTO attempting my first shot at this. 565 Pontiac motor NA. Should run low 10's. Heavy all steel car except for glass hood. Complete stock interior except for moly bar. 9" with 275 radials. Could really give 2 shits how I place in the big block NA field. Just wanting to have some fun, run at some new tracks and hopefully finish while drinking a lot of beer and having a great time. Never entered, but helped the Guido brothers last year at Gateway when Bob tagged the wall in his Mustang. After seeing these guys drive 2,000 miles from Canada, knew I had to try and get in the field this year.

The wife doesn't know yet that I'm entering. For that matter, she doesn't know about the 565 being built either.....
                      Last edited by Guest; February 13, 2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

What is the most likely to be close by parts store to most of these tracks.. (no idea never been to that part of the country) I'll add a 50.00 gift card to a parts store that would be local to the tracks.. so if they need something. they can get it.. Advanced auto(now owns car quest) would be the best choice as they spend 50 and they'd get a coupon for 25 off their next order.. when ordered online&pick up instore(and at d/w you'd most like order from a tablet/smart phone). I'd throw my name in the hat.. but with my health. and vehicle still in pieces. it would be pointless maybe '15
                        Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; February 14, 2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I'll donate a case of beer to whoever Kerby determines is the winner.

Comment

Levi Lish, 27. Sadly not lots of drag strip experience. Just a major fan of big power and racing in general. First Drag Week attempt with my first full build that's just wrapping up. It's low buck, lots of used stuff, so go easy on me. The truck is a Freightliner cab chopped 7 inches, narrowed 14 inches. Hand built bed (first real time building aluminum body panels). Twin turbo'd Duramax, 4L80E, Jones Quick change rear, wide five wheels, etc. Hoping it should go 9's and knock down some MPG along the way. Chassis puts it in Unlimited class but probably gonna go rounds in 10.80 Class and have fun. Hoping I make it in, looks like an awesome time with cool people.

Last edited by Evillish; February 14, 2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

who says a diesel can't be pretty!
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Such a cool truck man! please tell me you're keeping the door handle location! maybe not practical but it's cooooool!
                                http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
                                Join The Militia

Comment

Working...
                                X