2014 Drag Week Host Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Drag Week Host Hotels

I wonder when the list is going to be available. I have already booked a room for both ends of the week in Tulsa at the Holiday Inn Express Owasso (stayed there in 2012 too).
    ~Alain~
    A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
    "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Last year they didn't come out with the list till June or at least it seemed like it. I'm going to book as soon as I make it in.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

that's funny, I was talking with Tom Taylor the other day. As soon as the tracks came out, he made reservations.
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

My reservations are locked in... now to get into Drag Week!
        DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
        DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
        DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
        DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

I know of a few guys that have already booked rooms for the week. lol
          '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
          2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

mine are already booked
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by alain View Post
              I wonder when the list is going to be available. I have already booked a room for both ends of the week in Tulsa at the Holiday Inn Express Owasso (stayed there in 2012 too).
              What are you driving this year Alain? No way you can tour around in a rental again...

Comment

i have Tulsa covered..

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                  What are you driving this year Alain? No way you can tour around in a rental again...
                  Unfortunately it will be a rental again this year. I'm working on getting a '67 Camaro with a twin turbo LS motor ready for 2015 though. Time won't be the problem, but more like getting the funds together on time. Everything has to be done out of pocket as we don't get parts sponsored over on our side of the pond and because of shipping and import duties etc. a $100 part ends up costing close to $200 by the time I have it here. In other words, what costs you 10 grand to build (in parts), costs me close to 20 grand.

I'm also trying to find out if I can get my Camaro (originally built in the GM plant in Antwerp, Belgium) insured in the US on a Dutch license plate/tag, also considering that I don't live there. My plan is to ship the car once and leave it there so I can pick it up every year for Drag Week and possible run some other events that I may fly over to attend.
                  ~Alain~
                  A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                  "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

For those of you that have booked - would you care to post where you've booked?
                    Would be cool if a bunch of BSers could hang out in person for a change - assuming we all make it back to the hotel in time to remain vertical for more than a few minutes before passing out from exhaustion....
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Two booked so far, Super 8 Forbes Landing in Topeka and Best Western Angus Inn, Great Bend.
                      Both of them showed no rooms, but I called direct and got in.

Was waiting on Noble (Norman) to see where others were staying.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                        Two booked so far, Super 8 Forbes Landing in Topeka and Best Western Angus Inn, Great Bend.
                        Both of them showed no rooms, but I called direct and got in.

Was waiting on Noble (Norman) to see where others were staying.
                        Best Western, Norman Ok. Just N of track
                        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                        Second place SSBBNA 2016
                        Third place SSBBNA 2017
                        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Just checking here to see where every body is staying , looking to book some rooms. Staying optimistic going to make it as the car is in a bunch of pieces right now

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post

Best Western, Norman Ok. Just N of track
                            Hotel rooms booked, thank goodness for a traveling job, it saved me a buttload of money this year

Comment

Bumppppppp
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X