Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to 'step it up' this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my big Makita cordless impact, it made the four wheel changes we did in 2011 and 2012 much easier. We always hand start the lugs to be safe against cross threads. We also had one of the screw in wheel stud back out which killed the wheel speed sensor on the back. Its hiding in the middle of the picture. We set it up to read the studs.
    Attached Files
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Black will cool better....I'm just trying to help!

How's your summer shaping up for heat? Gonna be a scorcher here
      july and august should be around 100

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        A 32 gig SD card will hold way more pictures than you need to take on one trip.
        hahaha not when you shoot in raw format.. lol

Comment

If you're on drag week, you have no reason to shoot raw...3 or 4 mb per picture is plenty.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I had a winter list of things to do to both of my cars. I swapped in a Lakewood bellhousiing behind the 454 in my Falcon, and did a little trans repair. Also reworked my ladder bars, and swapped out the rear leaf springs. Wasn't much planned for the Austin until it spun a bearing, so now it's getting a new engine, and hopefully just a tad more power, but at least more reliability for sure!
            Still hope to finish up the body work on the Falcon this spring or summer, and if I can save up a little money, might still get some paint on it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140222_142555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	876713

"Top Secret Power-Adder"
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

My trucks getting gear swapped from 3.42's ( bottom end SUCKS with the PT88 turbo on a 5.3 ) to 4.10's with a new posi. More boost and may run a constant 35Hp shot (versus sometimes a 25) to help this little 5.3 and big turbo combo. Otherwise I just need to get back to Drag Week, a year off sucked!
                Last edited by JoeyG; February 23, 2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Turbo 400 w/gear vendors, BOP intake manafold from a Victor. Almost did a G Force with a V-gate, McLoed clutch. Many hours of heavy meditation. Thanks for all the imput Mike
                  Last edited by BlackGTO; February 24, 2014, 10:50 AM.
                  First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                  Second place SSBBNA 2016
                  Third place SSBBNA 2017
                  Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                  All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
                    Turbo 400 w/gear vendors, BOP intake manafold from a Victor. Almost did a G Force with a V-gate, McLoed clutch. Many hours of heavy meditation. Thanks for all the imput Mike
                    Sounds like fun!
                    '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                    2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

I'm gonna put some plugs in it and see if it will start.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm doing nothing ,Not going i don't play well with other's

Comment

Originally posted by clarks body shop View Post
                          I'm doing nothing ,Not going i don't play well with other's
                          Did you get that boost issue resolved?
                          Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                          Drag Week 2011 DD
                          Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                          Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Oh yea,But I said I am not going!!!
                            Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                            Did you get that boost issue resolved?

Comment

But you said you have already registered?LOL."Oh Clark". LOL.Vacation movie reference.

Comment

I will be there LOL,The car is running the best it ever has can't wait. ,UOTE=ksj2;856884]But you said you have already registered?LOL."Oh Clark". LOL.Vacation movie reference.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                                X