Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to 'step it up' this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
    I'm stepping up to a turbo ls powered fox body. Now all I need is a crash course in using hp tuners cause I don't know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to tuning a late model car. I'm a carb and distributor guy. Guess its time to learn new things. I'm still a month from firing it up so at least I got 4+ months to learn.
    Start learning now! I took a crash course in HP tuners last Drag Week and it almost never did what I expected and I've been running the EFI on my cars since 2009!
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; March 8, 2014, 03:43 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      Start learning now! I took a crash course in HP tuners last Drag Week and it almost never did what I expected and I've been running the EFI on my cars since 2009!
      A buddy of mine uses hp tuners on his 2000 turbo trans am and he's running 5.70's in the 1/8. I talked to him today and he said he would help me out. He's running speed density tune same as I will be running so he should be a huge help.
      78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Yeah, having someone knowledgeable in it will help a TON.

From my completely rank amateur experience with it, my advice is after making a settings or tune change in the high engine load areas, shut the car and software down and start it back up and check it's wrote/made/saved the change.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          Yeah, having someone knowledgeable in it will help a TON. From my completely rank amateur experience with it, my advice is after making a settings or tune change in the high engine load areas, shut the car and software down and start it back up and check it's wrote/made/saved the change.
          I've been getting a headache starring at my lap top trying to figure out all the different things I can do and change with hp. I need to get a base tune wrote to crank the car. I have 80lb injectors,small cam,no o2 sensors just wide band and running it on e85 but rethinking e85 as its not very plentiful in my neck of the woods.
          78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post
            Planning on stepping up from a follower wanna-be to a participant this year. I'm ready for the registration announcement...this waiting is making me nervous!
            Drag Week is VERY ADDICTIVE............you have been warned.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post

Drag Week is VERY ADDICTIVE............you have been warned.
              Yah, I think we understand that going in. Last year my wife and I were there to watch at BG, Indy, and St.Louis. Followed along the route in between tracks. All the time wanting to be a part of it, not just watching. We both hated to leave Drag Week and come home after St. Louis. I just hope #1 we can get entered and #2 we can finish without any serious issues!
              Last edited by Firechickenman; March 9, 2014, 06:47 AM.
              Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
              Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post

Yah, I think we understand that going in. Last year my wife and I were there to watch at BG, Indy, and St.Louis. Followed along the route in between tracks. All the time wanting to be a part of it, not just watching. We both hated to leave Drag Week and come home after St. Louis. I just hope #1 we can get entered and #2 we can finish without any serious issues!
                Think I talked with you guys at the hotel in Indy.......(kind of a blurr)
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

What am I doing to step it up.........Im building a whole new car....
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I hope that plan is working for you. 180 days and I'm a tad behind schedule.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Only got to test with no launch twice last year before the track closed... with pump gas and the lowest boost I could run 11psi..... Went very well! Did a Outlaw fab 9 in the back from www.trickchassis.com and all stock style suspension.
                      Street Race Small Block Power Adder is my class this year! Was a crowded class 26 cars last year?... Should have fun with that class this year
                      Plan on running the car hard on the last day (Heads Up day)
                      Can't wait to see everyone again!
                      ~Scott
                      427LSX 98mm Turbo Rossler 4L80E 3:25 Gear
                      www.smokedtailights.com

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                        I hope that plan is working for you. 180 days and I'm a tad behind schedule.
                        So far so good Bill. Hope to see you again this year. Check out the build thread on my new ride in the $5000 chalenge.
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I put the rod back into the side of the block and slathered some bondo over the hole. I hope it stays in there this time.

Comment

Well I sold the vette I used last year and was planning on stepping up to something faster this year. On Friday I managed to tear my left pectoral muscle completely off the attachment point on my left arm. This injury will require surgery and a lengthy (months) recovery/rehab. As such I might be totally shit out of luck...and am now car-less. Total FML. - Travis (The Men From Nantucket)

Comment

My plan for changes this year is to increase capacity and do some thermal testing to see how cold I can keep it with the Midwest being so hot. Other than the modifications to the cooler everything else will be the same.
                              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

So you are installing AC on the PontiCarlo.

Comment

Working...
                                X