Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to 'step it up' this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing to 'step it up' this year?

We all strive to improve, what upgrades are you making to improve your DW ride for 2014?

As for the Suckstang, I have added an ARB, and plan to shed some weight out of the car. I need to improve transmission cooling as well although I don't expect this year's route to be too hilly. It got plenty hot in 2012 on the first day with all the big hills. I am also seriously considering switching to a 26" slick to gain a little effective gear ratio for the track.

If funds will allow, I might throw a camshaft with a little more duration and a wee bit more lift in it, from a 260/270 0.685" to a 276/284 0.735".

I really would like the car to run in the 10.20's or 30's, but will be darn happy with 40's and 50's.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

New car. I don't know if it's a step up, but it's a lot of work!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Last year I had the heads ported and changed mufflers. Changing the mufflers really impacted my tune to the rich side and I have been backing off the jets slowly and its getting faster. I hope my average is in the 11.30s this year in the heat.
      Last edited by BlueCuda340; February 20, 2014, 07:49 AM.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I ran daily driver last year in a Camaro. This year I'm building an turbo ls fox body. I know another mustang with a chevy motor but car was already set up for ls power when I bought it as a roller. Shooting for 10.0's this year if I don't go broke building the car first,my wallet is running on fumes right now.
        78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Trying to shed some weight, new intake, possibly EFI (been saying that for years), and most importantly, turn on the bottle. It is time to make the truck run like I intended when I spent all the $$ on these parts.
          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

By waiting till '15.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
              By waiting till '15.
              sorry to hear that Neal.

I hope to have the falcon well sorted out and reliable by September - if I accomplish that and make it through the week - whatever the ETs are I will be on cloud 9.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm swapping back to a manual trans. I might also add a little compression and maybe swap cams.
                '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

New Heads, New Cam, New intake, Coil on plug, changing to a set of aluminum wheels (52lbs weight loss there) different tires and I am thinking about fiberglass bumpers and aluminum bumper brackets. Need to do some thing to try and keep up with Jake's new Space shuttle motor and Chris's 8 second ride he is bringing.

Comment

I wanted to go this year and was gonna get my ride all sorted out but
                    its just to far and I'll have to wait till next year... it should be all set by
                    then for sure... I still need to work on the suspension a bit and change
                    the coil over springs on all 4 corners... other than that its drive it and
                    see where any weak links are
                    EDIT
                    Plus I want to see whats wrong with my alum heads and get them
                    fixed up and get them back on... thats 40# off the nose
                    Last edited by MR P-BODY; February 20, 2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 73fish View Post
                      New Heads, New Cam, New intake, Coil on plug, changing to a set of aluminum wheels (52lbs weight loss there) different tires and I am thinking about fiberglass bumpers and aluminum bumper brackets. Need to do some thing to try and keep up with Jake's new Space shuttle motor and Chris's 8 second ride he is bringing.
                      I sold all of my stuff...looking to hitch a ride with Yost again...
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

Once again I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 73fish View Post
                          Once again I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Says Mr. Racecar!!! You are the one posting all the pics. I don't have any......
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

You funny boy!

Comment

Skipping this year, hope to be better next year and well in the 9s.
                              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X