Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to show up at Tulsa if you don't get pre-registered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy,...thats tough. probably not going to make the 1800 mile round trip with out a ticket to play......but anything is possible....
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I just might this year. Assuming I don't manage to get registered. Pretty good hike from SoCali. But worth it this year because we get meet the Street Outlaws, and autographs and everything.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Not registering, or getting on the waiting list has an advantage: you don't have to pay until you are at the track...

Comment

i have every intention of getting registered, but I'll be there ready to go no matter what.
          1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

I'll take that chance, Take a chance every year even if registered.
            First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
            Second place SSBBNA 2016
            Third place SSBBNA 2017
            Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
            All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
              – I’m too old to miss another Drag Week, I must do it while I still can, plus we’ve got some more junk to show . . .
              Will you bring the '40 this year?

Comment

I'll be there regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                  Will you bring the '40 this year?
                  "Will you bring the '40 this year?"

As of today, the '40 will not make DW14, but like everything in our household - things change. Our Coupe is LSx powered and therefore does not fit the Hot Rod or Gasser class. Front suspension uses Lamb struts and rear suspension is coil over with 4 link, with 2014 rules we have 3 choices DailyDriver, Limited and Unlimited. I want to run the ’40 in a class not in DailyDriver, and don’t want to clutter-up Unlimited so for 2014 we find ourselves left with Limited. When we show up with the ’40 we will have driven it from home with intentions of racing the week and driving it back home, the drive to and from DW is a very big part of the pleasure I get from Drag Week, and I can't wait to do this in the '40.

Sadly, I think we will be in the truck again this year – but we do have some newer, shiner, bigger Baja tested junk for Mr Scott Abbott and his Mopar buds.

Hardy Handshakes, Swede

PS 38P – how’s that funnel working out for you? just joke’n

DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
                    "Will you bring the '40 this year?"

As of today, the '40 will not make DW14, but like everything in our household - things change. Our Coupe is LSx powered and therefore does not fit the Hot Rod or Gasser class. Front suspension uses Lamb struts and rear suspension is coil over with 4 link, with 2014 rules we have 3 choices DailyDriver, Limited and Unlimited. I want to run the ’40 in a class not in DailyDriver, and don’t want to clutter-up Unlimited so for 2014 we find ourselves left with Limited. When we show up with the ’40 we will have driven it from home with intentions of racing the week and driving it back home, the drive to and from DW is a very big part of the pleasure I get from Drag Week, and I can't wait to do this in the '40.

Sadly, I think we will be in the truck again this year – but we do have some newer, shiner, bigger Baja tested junk for Mr Scott Abbott and his Mopar buds.

Hardy Handshakes, Swede

PS 38P – how’s that funnel working out for you? just joke’n
                    Swede you picking you son up midway again or doing the whole ride together?

Comment

I will be there.
                      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Wow! With this many who may be on "stand by," maybe HRM should stage a "race-in" (sort of like the "play-in" games for the NCAA basketball tournament) . . . That'd be a great addition to Tulsa's "Midnight Drags" . . . .

Swede4 . . . the funnel you gave me still works great! (although I haven't run N2O yet this year, so no adding octane lately to the capless fuel tank . . . (which you cannot do with a regular gas can or racing jug without a funnel to open the fuel flap))

We'd still like to see the '40 run, but that truck will certainly keep you competitive.

Happy Motoring!
                        Last edited by 38P; March 18, 2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I'm planning on it no matter what. If I still can't get in, I'll probably unload the car and make the trip all week tagging along in my DW car. lol
                          '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                          2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG View Post

Swede you picking you son up midway again or doing the whole ride together?
                            Joey, Yes the plan is I drive solo to and from DW, Lane fly’s into Tulsa and once again we get to spend the week together doing DW14. Hope you make it, see you there

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                            DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

I am going to show up either way from Dallas
                              Drag Week 2014 Daily Driver 11.65 avg (no cage)

Comment

Working...
                              X