Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2014 participants please intruduce yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Call me Zellmo,
    Registered yesterday decided to look at the rockers today and found a chewed up ends. So for the 1st time in 10 years the motor is coming apart.
    Ran DW in 06 and 07 what a blast we are finally coming back.
    67 Lemans with a BBC, Tremec, and a 12bolt
    Can't wait!
    CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
    Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
    All in the same car

Comment

Charley Ogle, Making Drag Week number 2, in my gold challenger, although there is no motor in it now, building a stroker!!! lost my brother as a co pilot he is bringing his cuda this year. Going once definitely hooks you!!!!!

Comment

Glad you're coming back Charlie. I love your Challenger. Wish I still had mine. Keith Fox from Lubbock Tx, and I run gasser class for the 4th year with a 1930 ford coupe called "Poison Gas". I run the only baby engine in my class, 350 chevy.
        Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Seems like a ton of new people this time! Very cool!
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

First time driving this year on drag week. I'll be running my 1978 Datsun 280z with a boosted LSx and a 6 speed. I believe I'll be running the Street Race SB PA class, with the goal of finishing!!

Still a little left to do

Hopefully I will be able to find all the peices!

Last edited by Steep; April 28, 2014, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Hello all. I'm dusty from Burlington Colorado. This is my first drag week and I'm running in street race bb na class. I run a 67 camaro with a 540 and a jerico dr4 trans. I think it should be in the low ten sec range but would be happy to just make it the week.

Comment

I'm Paul. 1997 Cobra. 11 sec sortof fox body that takes up a DW slot.(insider joke with Eddie Miller) Been on DW 9 out of 10 times.
                used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Looks like a VERY diverse group. That should make it a GREAT experience! So, what's up with all the Mopars? I didn't take count, but it seems like almost 1/2 the cars are Mopar. At my local track on a regular race night there might be 2 or 3. Don't get me wrong, I like them just as much as (if not more than) a Ford or a Chevy (but not quite as much as a Pontiac ) but it just seems a little more than the usual percentage. Good luck to EVERYONE and congrats for making it in!!!
                  Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                  Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

5 times I have participated in drag week. Not as a driver, but as a carefree trunk monkey. 1 win, one runner up, 3 DNFs. this year will be my first attempt at Drag Week running my own car. It is a 1931 Plymouth coupe, built in the style of the early 60's. I put a 426 Hemi in it but then found out that a 426 is not legal in the hot rod class. So I ripped it out of there and am building a 354 at the last minute. My two biggest goals are number 1: get the car done and number two: finish Drag Week. this is going to be a thrash!
                    Last edited by Hemi Joel; April 28, 2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                      5 times I have participated in drag week. Not as a driver, but as a carefree trunk monkey. 1 win, one runner up, 3 DNFs. this year will be my first attempt add Drag Week running my own car. It is a 1933 Plymouth coupe, built in the style of the early 60's. I put a 426 Hemi in it but then found out that a 426 is not legal in the hot rod class. So I ripped it out of there and am building a 354 at the last minute. My two biggest goals are number 1: get the car done and number two: finish Drag Week. this is going to be a thrash!
                      Joel, is that motor out of s 331 based hemi or something else?

Comment

354 is the 1956 version of the Chrysler Hemi. I found nice short block already done, so to save time I snagged it and just need to do some heads. BTW, as a historical footnote, in 1956, the 354 Chrysler became the first production car to exceed 1 horsepower per cubic inch, at 355 horse.
                        Last edited by Hemi Joel; April 28, 2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Joel.Jay get entered?If so who is the trunk monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                            5 times I have participated in drag week. Not as a driver, but as a carefree trunk monkey. 1 win, one runner up, 3 DNFs. this year will be my first attempt at Drag Week running my own car. It is a 1931 Plymouth coupe, built in the style of the early 60's. I put a 426 Hemi in it but then found out that a 426 is not legal in the hot rod class. So I ripped it out of there and am building a 354 at the last minute. My two biggest goals are number 1: get the car done and number two: finish Drag Week. this is going to be a thrash!
                            the coupe is righteous... WANT to see and drool on. Drag week means you'll be away from the car at some point and I can accidentally slobber on it without reprimand. I'll clean up if nobody saw me, otherwise I'm gonna act drunk and hope nobody wants to yell at me.

Are you talking to / working with any of the Engine Master guys here on the heads? No worries if you don't want to answer that. Some secrets can wait until September. Best of luck!!
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                              First time driving this year on drag week. I'll be running my 1978 Datsun 280z with a boosted LSx and a 6 speed. I believe I'll be running the Street Race SB PA class, with the goal of finishing!! Still a little left to do Hopefully I will be able to find all the peices!
                              Awesome you made it in bud!
                              http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Jay got in. I think he plans to run the Shelby, but I don't know in what configuration or what class, he changes his car more frequently than he changes socks.
                                After 5 years of trunk monkey extraordinaire, he might have to hire Austin Coil or someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X