Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2014 participants please intruduce yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump gas 572, 727 torqueflite with GV OD, 3.73 geared dana. It ran high 10.30's on motor about 200lbs ago. Hopefully it runs 10.0's on motor this year. It's been 9's on spray but I'm only running a 6pt bar. I just watched a BB/NA Pontiac engine on the dyno and I'm hoping to keep up with him. He's only legal to 10.0 as well so we'll both be gunning for whatever place that puts us. I've heard the class is large and will be tough this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedDottie71 View Post
      Hey guys new to BangShift, I may get a little hell for my ride I'm taking on drag week but I'm used to it, the car I'm taking on DW this year is a 1971 Datsun 510 with a blown Honda F22 power plant. Transmission is a Lenco st1200 air shifted setup, rear end is a Strange ford 9 inch. So far the fastest pass on the car is a 10.80 at 123mph.This will be my first ever DW cant wait to see everyone there!!

If no one runs with you look me up, (John Deere truck).
      Ran with Wacky a couple of years back. And we didn't even speak the same language.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Hey guys new to BangShift, I may get a little hell for my ride I'm taking on drag week but I'm used to it, the car I'm taking on DW this year is a 1971 Datsun 510 with a blown Honda F22 power plant. Transmission is a Lenco st1200 air shifted setup, rear end is a Strange ford 9 inch. So far the fastest pass on the car is a 10.80 at 123mph.This will be my first ever DW cant wait to see everyone there!!
        You will be fine. one thing I learned on DW it is not so much about the cars, its the people that make it great.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Thats a sweet little car. You shift that thing at 9600rpm and get 30+mpg?

Jeff M, are you bringing your boy this time?

Comment

• Hi my name is Mike, I am addicted to DW this will be my 9th year in a row, luckily we have finished every year. I hope to be bringing a 1969 Dart with a small block Mopar and a 5 speed, will be in SBNA again,

Comment

• Hello My name is Rod I drive a 68 Dodge Dart this will be my eight year of doing Dragweek. I run in DD and have made the cut every year so far. Keeping my fingers crossed we make it again . But what the hec its a ton of fun!

Comment

• Hi all. My name is Mike Reichen, this will be my second drag week ATTEMPT. I went in 2012 with an eagle talon in DD trans died on the road between enis and shreevport. This year I will be going back to my roots with a chevy. I will be running SRSBPA. that's rite you guessed it, it will be powered by a turbo ls. My 1st time messing with a v8 in a long time so lots to learn.
                My goal is to finish, have a lot of fun, make a lot of new friends and maybe go semi quick.

Comment

• i have seen what you can do with 4 cylinders Mike. I cannot imagine what you can do with 4 more. LOL.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    i have seen what you can do with 4 cylinders Mike. I cannot imagine what you can do with 4 more and half the boost. LOL.
                    Fixed for you

Comment

• Hi Im Walt Reynolds. I've been on DW 6 years in a row (2006-2011) in my 68 Camaro. This year I will hopefully be in my 66 Nova. It will have a Turbo LS and an automatic transmission. This will give Paul, Tommy, Joey, Bubba Danny, and many others a brake from changing my clutches! I'm anxious to see all of the gang again at this anniversary event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad's Dad View Post
                        Hi Im Walt Reynolds. I've been on DW 6 years in a row (2006-2011) in my 68 Camaro. This year I will hopefully be in my 66 Nova. It will have a Turbo LS and an automatic transmission. This will give Paul, Tommy, Joey, Bubba Danny, and many others a brake from changing my clutches! I'm anxious to see all of the gang again at this anniversary event.
                        Walt I'll have a cold (beer, soda, water) for you

Comment

• I can't wait!

Comment

• Joey I will bring Doc.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• First trip to DW. Bucket list line item for a while. 70 Nova modified PA. Looking fwd to it.

Comment

• All you guys saying this is a bucket list item beware...that's how I started and last year was my 4th. You'll find yourself halfway through the event wondering how you can come back and improve next year.

Hoping to be trunk monkey this year as my car is going through some changes.
                                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X