Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT DOES THE "EIGHT MINUTE SELL-OUT" MEAN FOR DW '15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT DOES THE "EIGHT MINUTE SELL-OUT" MEAN FOR DW '15?

To take my mind off the new stress of having an elephant-sized DW '14 Order Number (and perhaps a bit of residual acrimony from one or two of HRM's Internet TV stars) . .. I'm wondering how the alleged eight-minute sell-out of DW '14 will affect future Drag Weeks?

See the poll . . . add your own thoughts . . .
    HRM will raise the Drag Week entry fee in 2015
    12.70%
    HRM will increase the Drag Week field size in 2015
    11.11%
    HRM will start pre-screening/pre-qualifying Drag Week entries in 2015
    17.46%
    HRM will split DW '15 into East and West coast events.
    3.17%
    HRM will move DW '15 into a less central region of the USA
    6.35%
    HRM will try to improve the entry process in 2015
    15.87%
    HRM will do something else for DW 2015
    1.59%
    HRM won't change a thing for DW 2015
    7.94%
    I don't know . . . I just want to race.
    19.05%
    What is "Drag Week?"
    4.76%

It means I need to finish in the top 3 of DD class so I don't have to worry about it!
    Drag Week 2014 Daily Driver 11.65 avg (no cage)

Comment

We will cross that bridge if we ever get to it, don't know about you, but my family and I are staring at 4 months of hell to get 6 cars in the tech line before Sunday at 1pm!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
        We will cross that bridge if we ever get to it, don't know about you, but my family and I are staring at 4 months of hell to get 6 cars in the tech line before Sunday at 1pm!!
        Just think though, you have 3 months to procrastinate lol
        Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
        Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
        Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

They have 4 months to procrastinate. And a hell of a story to tell when it's over.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
            How the hell did you have time to get six cars registered? thats skill! lol

Comment

I wanna know how many of the OKC street racers did or didn't get in ...
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I see them having a larger field and running DD later in the day. Last year we could of had a bigger field.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Last year was practice and this year Drag Week jumped the shark. 10 years has been a great run. Now some things have to change, for the better. I think they will get it right.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

It means I need a faster computer and internet access so I can sign up faster!

Otherwise, I will the organization to HR- I am not sure they listen to me. My wife doesn't, why would they?
                    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I think we'll have to see class numbers.. what if a class has few or none..its not because no one wants to run the class , it have just sold out before those cars got in. i think having a prepay from the previous year would help to insure the smaller classes have adequate numbers .

Comment

The easiest way to do it might be the lottery system like they use for big triathlons, marathons, etc. Sign up, pay your money, if you get picked, great, if not, you get a refund and hope for better luck next year. It would be a crap shoot as far as the classes go and might be best to divide the class cars and DD's in order to keep either side from being hugely numbers dominant. That being said, the "land rush" way worked ok for me and sort of weeds out the guys that are on the fence about going.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

maybe if they open registration for class cars in jan feb and the open daily driver in April or may nothing against daily driver it just seems this is about the fastest street car so let the faster classes fill up and then use the daily driver class to fill in any remaining spots

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                            It means I need to finish in the top 3 of DD class so I don't have to worry about it!
                            For anyone who thinks there is a third place finisher in Daily Driver NOT, only the Winner in Daily Driver (Scott Abbott) and the Truck he beat received early registration invitations – I believe there is no such thing as 3rd in the DD bracket…
                            DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

This is probably the smartest question anyone has asked about Drag Week so far. This is a game changer in many ways. As exciting as an 11 minute sell out is, it also alienates a lot of people because they feel like they didn't have the opportunity to make it happen.

Everyone had the same fair shot, but still it stings a little.
                              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                              X