Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT DOES THE "EIGHT MINUTE SELL-OUT" MEAN FOR DW '15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc's Notch View Post

I'd be fine with running heads up against other class racers. Myself and Crow had a match race on the last day and that was one of my more fun passes all week. I dont see a good, efficient way for them to do it though. I think doing a 3 pass average each day would be a more realistic way of doing things.

I dont know why everyone gets so upset and takes it personal when people start talking about limiting DD. Why does there need to be 100+ spots filled up by the class every year? Say i couldnt get my car done last year, i couldve had the option to enter my stock ecoboost truck in daily driver... Is that fair to anyone that busted ass to build a car and have to sit out cause they tried to register 15 minutes after opening
    But yet your willing to trash out DD because YOU think they arent worthy of being
    in the DW...I can enter one of two classes... unlimited or DD... being that I cant get
    my NHRA license any longer I shouldnt be able to go... sure I can enter unlimited but
    I can only run 10.0.... DD is a legitimate class based on HRDW rules... until they drop
    the class I dont see why you want to eliminate it ... maybe your class could be eliminated ...
    how do you feel about that

Comment

Originally posted by Doc's Notch View Post
      Is that fair to anyone that busted ass to build a car and have to sit out cause they tried to register 15 minutes after opening
      The simple fact of the matter is, life is not fair and it is chock full of disappointments. I remind my kids of this all the time. Some people win, some people lose, some are lucky enough to get signed up, some are not. That's life and people have to deal with it. Even if DD was limited or eliminated, there will always be people who bitch, complain, think the rules were written to personally exclude them and feel left out. It's what we are best at doing unfortunately.

If I were king and could rewrite the rules, I would require DD vehicles to run a drag tire. A slick, drag radial, bias ply, whatever. That alone would weed out the 17 second Dodge Durangos or Dmax pickups cluttering up the staging lanes. This is the last guaranteed year for this set of rules, so 2015 could bring a host of changes. It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

The simple fact of the matter is, life is not fair and it is chock full of disappointments. I remind my kids of this all the time. Some people win, some people lose, some are lucky enough to get signed up, some are not. That's life and people have to deal with it. Even if DD was limited or eliminated, there will always be people who bitch, complain, think the rules were written to personally exclude them and feel left out. It's what we are best at doing unfortunately.

If I were king and could rewrite the rules, I would require DD vehicles to run a drag tire. A slick, drag radial, bias ply, whatever. That alone would weed out the 17 second Dodge Durangos or Dmax pickups cluttering up the staging lanes. This is the last guaranteed year for this set of rules, so 2015 could bring a host of changes. It will certainly be interesting to see what happens.
        Yep... I agree... life isnt always what we want/like

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
          That alone would weed out the 17 second Dodge Durangos
          Quotes like this are one reason I like James.... he's a cool dude
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

This is just MY opinion but even in DD there should be a minimum
            ET... such as (just a number) 13.0.... or put a 10 year old as the newest
            car in it... we all know a production car can make the run but put some
            sort of ET and age of the car for entry... also I would like to see DD broke
            down into 2 sections... a 11.50 quickest and a 10.0 quickest... top 16 of
            each would bracket race the last day... this would allow the guys that WONT
            put a roll bar in to at least have a shot... again... JMO

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

This is just MY opinion but even in DD there should be a minimum
              ET... such as (just a number) 13.0
              great idea or limit car count.
              Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
              Drag Week 2011 DD
              Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
              Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

100 plus cars in one class is insane.

Bracket races by me have a hard time filling 50 cars.

Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                Drag Week 2011 DD
                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  X2
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

Why have it that way... maybe my car is quicker than yours but
                    I only fit into one of two classes.. unlimited or DD... I can only run
                    10.0 due to license issues but the car can run quicker
                    Mr P-body why can't you get a license to go faster? you say that its runs quicker how do you know you don't have a license!!

Comment

Originally posted by clarks body shop View Post

Mr P-body why can't you get a license to go faster? you say that its runs quicker how do you know you don't have a license!!
                      Medical... cant pass it any more... too many heart attacks
                      and I had a stroke... cant get any doctor to give me a letter
                      EDIT
                      once you turn 55 you have to send in a copy of your EKG and
                      the NHRA doc talked to me about getting a letter of approval but
                      no one will do it
                      Also.. this was to renew my license... my race car runs in the 8s
                      and I had the license for some time but when I turned 55 thats
                      when I had to turn in the EKG
                      Last edited by MR P-BODY; April 29, 2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post

No response as of now does not mean they aren't going to respond. They are probably trying to get a handle on this explosion. E-mails from HR take a while.
                        You were right, and I stand corrected. Got the email today, I'm IN this insanity!! Guess I better get my junk together in time, but please don't hate me if I end up in daily driver with a backup vehicle (I promise no 17 second pickups, and even the backup vehicle WILL be a RWD stick car).

Comment

im working on getting my license now,,didnt know there was this much to it..will have it by sept though.
                          Last edited by bulletproof; April 29, 2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Be sure and study for that Urine test.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                              im working on getting my license now,,didnt know there was this much to it..will have it by sept though.
                              If this is your first time to get a license you take the physical and
                              send that in along with your 8 passes and all the signatures .. if
                              your 55 or older get a second copy of the EKG to send in ... there
                              isnt anything hard about it... also you have to be a member of the
                              NHRA and that cost for the mag you get... basically its all the money
                              but if you want the license you PAY for it... plus all the safety equipment

Comment

Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                                100 plus cars in one class is insane.

Bracket races by me have a hard time filling 50 cars.
                                100 cars in DD is no different than having 40 cars in Street Race BB N/A with 25 of them running 12.0's and 60 cars in SR SB PA with 40 of them running 11.50's. At that point you're just shuffling numbers. Those slower cars realistically have very little chance of winning anything and would be the next target of those who loudly proclaim there were more worthy (read: faster) cars "pushed out of registration by a flood of slow cars".
                                Last edited by BBR; April 30, 2014, 08:24 AM.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X