No announcement yet.

Team Left Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair to all those who want to be part of the Left Coast Tribe (tribe as in Wild West for all those Easterners), I was thinking we could use the Continental Divide to define Left Coast. If your junk drains into the Pacific your on the Left Coast, if not, your not.

Now as for Grand Prairie AB, there is a little known exception to the “junk drains into the Pacific” rule; it seems as how one of your early red chief’s (if I remember correctly his name was Chief Red Mustang) declared his junk would run all the way into the Pacific. That being said, welcome to all those Drag Week brothers from AB, Canada.

Hardy Handshakes, Swede

ps: I’m really not the one who determines “Left Coast”, I just think CDM Bill may have forgot this little bit of history…
    pss: Do we get to sign to trunk lid on this years ride or is it the same lid we signed last year?
    DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Like all ideas this one is a work in progress. That is a great definition Mike. Let's make it official!
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
        To be fair to all those who want to be part of the Left Coast Tribe (tribe as in Wild West for all those Easterners), I was thinking we could use the Continental Divide to define Left Coast. If your junk drains into the Pacific your on the Left Coast, if not, your not. Hi Swede. .. Good description you have there .. Haven't decided for sure if I will put my signed deck lid on my car for drag week 2014 .. I had my signed deck lid 3m protected ) Not a bad idea to get the new one signed .. That would be a very cool momento of drag week 2014 ( and being year 10 ) Now as for Grand Prairie AB, there is a little known exception to the “junk drains into the Pacific” rule; it seems as how one of your early red chief’s (if I remember correctly his name was Chief Red Mustang) declared his junk would run all the way into the Pacific. That being said, welcome to all those Drag Week brothers from AB, Canada. Hardy Handshakes, Swede ps: I’m really not the one who determines “Left Coast”, I just think CDM Bill may have forgot this little bit of history… pss: Do we get to sign to trunk lid on this years ride or is it the same lid we signed last year?
        Hi Swede .. Great description there .. I haven't decided if I will stick my signed deck lid on for drag week 2014 .. Would everyone like to see it ? I did get it 3m coated as to preserve it ..

Comment

You have to bring it. It's the most famous deck lid from Drag Week.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bring it and collect even more DW signatures, you can't get them anywhere else! I've got over 60 DW signatures on my DW 2011 banner, it makes for great shop art and starts interesting conversations. See you in September. Hardy Handshakes, Swede
            DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              You have to bring it. It's the most famous deck lid from Drag Week.
              I guess I better bring it then .. Would be cool to get more signatures on it .. Have to talk to the shop that installed the 3m and see if the signatures will be able to put on top

Comment

Hey guys, good idea CDMBill had to share routes etc. I will be coming south and east from Seattle via the following route: I-90, then I-82, then I-84 to Boise and on to Salt Lake, then I-80 to Cheyenne, then I-25 to Denver, then I-70 to Salina, Kansas, then south on I-35 to hi way 412 to Tulsa. Expected arrival in Tulsa Thursday September 4th. Anyone who can be helped along the way is welcome to request a phone number and my tools are your tools, whatever I can do to assist. Driving a solid black Dodge Ram pulling a solid black enclosed car trailer with WA plates. See you all in Paradise!

Comment

This is out route .. Planning on leaving red deer Alberta Tuesday.. 4 cars .. 3 pontiacs and one token mustang .. We are picking Montana Dan on the way as well as Bill Armstrong .. We are planning on detouring to the Taylor's . Hoping to be there Thursdays night .. Check out Dennis shop Friday and then cruising up to Tulsa with the group .. Drag week is getting close .. Going to be a great one

Comment

That is sweet route and getting to visit some of our star BS'ers on the way is icing on the cake.

Floyd and I are leaving Thursday at the crack of dawn so we can arrive Tulsa Friday evening as we did in 2012. It'll be the basic 73-55-91-I15 to I40 to Tulsa deal in Cali speak.

Comment

Swede, you will be missed…I understand we have lost George for this year also….

Comment

Did we lose Swede? When?

Comment

Wat.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                            Wat.

x2?!?
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

ya where did this come from
                              Last edited by stormts71; August 1, 2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

There is a guy going to DW from the OC. Driving a LS427 '60-something Vette. Talked to him through work.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X