Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is your Drag Week Car looking today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set the new motor in car last night hoping just need to bolt everything back on now

Comment

Our a new tank in and the neck wasn't quite right so ended up cutting it off and I'll fit it later but at least the new tank is in
      Drag Week 2014 Daily Driver 11.65 avg (no cage)

Comment

It's looking like I'm going to try to drive it into town tomorrow morning, and see how it does on it's maiden voyage.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Took the Grande to the local track (2 1/2 hr drive .. Was raining and lots of dirt on road .. Hence dirty car ). Was a great day at the track .. Only did 3 runs. Previous to this I had not run sub 12 sec run in Canada .. 11.64 was faster on paper run (first pass at drag week 2013 ) First run sat. 11.44. Sec 11.37 Third below 11.29. .. Then replaced all 4 tires and drove home .. Car went straight and fast ..

Comment

Squirrel your car looks awesome .. Can't wait to see it down the track and cruise down the highway with you

Comment

Thanks! Yours is looking great too, you've come a long ways since I saw you guys working on it in St Louis. (I was next door helping Mike swap out the flex plate in his Henry J)
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by bobs302z View Post
                Took the Grande to the local track (2 1/2 hr drive .. Was raining and lots of dirt on road .. Hence dirty car ). Was a great day at the track .. Only did 3 runs. Previous to this I had not run sub 12 sec run in Canada .. 11.64 was faster on paper run (first pass at drag week 2013 ) First run sat. 11.44. Sec 11.37 Third below 11.29. .. Then replaced all 4 tires and drove home .. Car went straight and fast ..
                x2 on it looking good!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

finally bought some wheels. squeezed some 275 mickey thompson radials on a 5.5 inch backspace 15x10. got them under the car a bit. no go fast stuff done yet. got a pro billet distributor the other day. still trying to put together a budget for more goodies. bob, your car is even dirtier than mine! love your drag wheels.
                  Attached Files
                  1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

were i was last june 15th...no wiring,plumbing, transmission, interior, glass basically a painted shell with engine and frt susp. it took 4 frt spring changes till i was kinda happy.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I brought my 66 Nova home tonight from Wade's Rod and Customs in Wily, Tx. His shop repaired the body and primered it. It's still on the trailer for the ride out to Chad's next week.I still have to load up the four post lift for his new shop.

Comment

Finally got my fuel pump and nitrous plate back... now in the midst of fabricating an air pan that doubles as the air cleaner base.

DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                        DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                        DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                        DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Every time I see that tiny air filter I think of this:

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

LOL!

Cowl scoop is only 4", and won't allow anything larger in diameter..
                            DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                            DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                            DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                            DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

LMAO!
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'm testing for drag week. Gassers aren't scared of rain.
                                Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Working...
                                X