Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is your Drag Week Car looking today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeG View Post
    Lets say today not great......
    It does have a manual valve body. But this happen when I was towing the car. I'm not 100% sure how. I was flat toeing it and the best I can tell is that the exhaust systems must have hit something ripped off and part of it waged itself between the road and the tail shaft.

Drag Week 2014 Broke down on the drive to Tulsa https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry019.gif
    Drag Week 2015 Street Machine Eliminator Finished
    Drag Week 2016 out day one, better luck next year I hope
    Drag Week 2017 out day one second pass trans went, next year in question https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry034.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeG View Post
      It does have a manual valve body. But this happen when I was towing the car. I'm not 100% sure how. I was flat toeing it and the best I can tell is that the exhaust systems must have hit something ripped off and part of it waged itself between the road and the tail shaft.
      If you flat towed it without pulling the driveshaft it will seize the the main shaft from lack of lubrication to the main shaft locking it up solid and usually breaking the yoke or driveshaft.
      78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
        If you flat towed it without pulling the driveshaft it will seize the the main shaft from lack of lubrication to the main shaft locking it up solid and usually breaking the yoke or driveshaft.
        Drive shaft was off, yoke was in. One funny thing the yoke was still sitting on the end of the shaft like nothing happened.

Drag Week 2014 Broke down on the drive to Tulsa https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry019.gif
        Drag Week 2015 Street Machine Eliminator Finished
        Drag Week 2016 out day one, better luck next year I hope
        Drag Week 2017 out day one second pass trans went, next year in question https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry034.gif

Comment

• Looks pretty much the same as when I bought it!

Comment

• Roll bar rule from current or maybe 2013 NHRA book. Still correct. I would make it a six point as the chassis stiffening s worth it even with a swing out bar on both sides.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• And, my slow motion train wreck.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• finally got the new motor in my car and running late last night. Drove 55 miles to track made a couple easy passes and drove home today so I was pretty content. have some tuning to do but excited to have on the road again.

Comment

• I was at the drag strip this weekend .. Drove the 2 1/2 hr to local track swapped all 4 tires .. Raced sat .. Hit hotel raced sun .. Found some consistency. Had fun .. Swapped on street gear .. Drove home .. Passed a few trailer queens on the way. Good weekend ..

Comment

• really busy this weekend... Front suspension is under the car.. BUT the spindles are the wrong ones, drops the car too low. Shifter mounted {because racecar ;) } Awaiting a few fittings for the brakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                      Roll bar rule from current or maybe 2013 NHRA book. Still correct. I would make it a six point as the chassis stiffening s worth it even with a swing out bar on both sides.

What about lower seat belt mounting? I have a 5 way harness, the top two straps are connected to the bar behind the seat. Can the others be bolted thru the floor board?

Thanks

Comment

• I'm close enough now I hope to go get some TNT Wednesday night with the ol 4.8 turbo stang. It probably won't be that great on et's as it will be its first outing to track since the build and it will be all about figuring out launch rpm and boost on the transbrake and dialing in the holley boost controller.
                        78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

• Good Luck Jake! I should be starting mine for the first time this weekend. i finished going through my rearend changed the 456 out for 390s, picd up a new diff cover, and checked the bag in the passenger spring for leaks. also finished up the 18gal fuel cell and battery box install. time is flying i hope to be testing N/A within the next 3 weeks. can't wait to hear your times that build seems really impressive. i gota know where the bar is on budget built mustangs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobs302z View Post
                            I was at the drag strip this weekend .. Drove the 2 1/2 hr to local track swapped all 4 tires .. Raced sat .. Hit hotel raced sun .. Found some consistency. Had fun .. Swapped on street gear .. Drove home .. Passed a few trailer queens on the way. Good weekend ..
                            Bob,
                            When you say, "hit hotel", you mean you slept over between days at the track, right?? Just checking...

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                              Bob, When you say, "hit hotel", you mean you slept over between days at the track, right?? Just checking...
                              Yes that is right stayed at hotel ..lol. I guess I need to do a better job with my words ...a couple more pics from weekend ..

Comment

• http://youtu.be/Fa5dinWK8vw. Couple pulls

Comment

Working...
                                X