Calling all stick shift drag weekers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all stick shift drag weekers!

Ok this is the post for all of us animals that like rowing our own. Post up your car, engine , trans and modifications , clutch and rear gear and anything else you want to bring up.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Doug Garrison, 64 GTO, bbc, liberty lsc 5100 5spd , face plated, ram " soft lok" style sintered iron, with full base and no counterweight ( was to lazy to adj ) with a dana 60/with 4.10s. had 3.54s last DW . Big mistake. ( 3.11 first, 2.15 2nd , 1.60 3rd , 1.29 4th , 1 to 1 5th.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

83 mustang, 302, 80 mm turbo, gforce gf5r, carbon dual disk clutch built by gforce, ford 8.8 rearend had 3.08 last dw switch to 355, dumping the clutch at 5500 and shifting at 8000 good times

Comment

Cory Gilbert, 1968 GTO with a 454 bbc, centerforce clutch, Jerico DR4 4 speed, 12 bolt (spool, c clip eliminators, etc.) 4.30 rear end gears. Not been to the track since I got done putting the car together so I have a lot of testing to do through the summer. Hoping that the 1:1 4th gear with 4.30 rear end will not make the week too brutal!

Comment

Dusty parsons I've got a 67 camaro 540 big block 10.5 comp with hyd roller cam and Brodix top end. Trans is a jerico dr4 4 speed with a ram long style clutch. 9 inch ford rear with a spool and just had 4.11 installed. Normally like to dump the clutch around 3500 sometimes higher. Awesome to hear there are other stick guys running drag week. Hope to get to meet all of you guys.

Comment

Paul Hendrickson, '73 Gremlin with a 4.0L inline, nitrous, & Astro Performance A-5 (T-5). Just a basic Ram clutch disc. Ferd 8.8 with factory posi & 3.73's, but changing to 4.10 this summer. If anyone has a deal on a highly streetable 10.5" soft-loc of some sort, I am interested! Please PM me if so...don't want to clog up this thread.

Comment

Bill Perkins, 76 Maverick, Mild 302, Top Loader 4 speed, 11" Centerforce DF, 9inch 3:50 with a locker, 28" 275 drag radial. Couldn't launch the car last year, ditching the vacuum secondaries, and going double pumper with a 2 step.
              Last edited by ratrap1964; May 12, 2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

back with my challenger, hoping to have a passon 5 speed in it, been waiting for about 3 years on it. if it is not here in time I will put my 18 spline 4 speed back in. Building a new motor (505 stroker). It also has a dana 60 with 4.10 in it, McLeod borg and beck/long pressure plate and McLeod ceramic disc. Last year at Memphis I broke a pressure plate bolt and toasted the clutch, limped into Bowlingreen and made one pass, so at least I finished. but this year I am hoping to improve!

Comment

Wheres Crow. LOL. I knew what he had in it last year.LOL.3 PEDALS RULE!

Comment

My third pedal let me down last year
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randal, what did you find with it.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I will be there with my cuda, 18 spline 4 speed with gear vendors, Dana 60 geared 430

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                          Randal, what did you find with it.
                          Nothing damming. I have two suspicions. There was some gouging on the bearing retainer on the trans causing the throwout bearing to hang up a bit and then the gimmicky weights on the centerforce clutch designed to make it clamp harder at rpm, they were all loose, but some of them felt tighter than on the diaphram fingers than I liked. My opinion is some of the weights were binding up on the diaphram fingers and the extra force I used to push the pedal with the un-even give of the fingers caused the gouging on the bearing retainer. I had over 20,000 miles and one Drag Week already on that clutch set. So I polished the gouges down smooth, put a bit of high temp grease on the bearing retainer and installed a Zoom clutch and other than a bit extra pedal effort it's working as expected.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I will be driving my 69 mustang from Canada with a liberty faceplated tko600 ,Macleod rxt clutch and some 3.89 gears .. No girl pedals here

Comment

Well as usual, I've got the mutt of the crowd. 1978 Datsun 280z. 5.3LS with a 78mm turbo. McCleod RST and Magnum T56. All connected to my custom 8.8 IRS setup with Porsche 930 CV axles and a 3.55 gear. Ready to row!

Comment

Working...
                              X