No announcement yet.

Drag Week Class cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 Drag Weeks, Did not finish 3, did go the distance 6 which sounds better. Will never use Comp solid rollers again, needle went through oil pump which locked, pump drive broke, met mr crank and got shoved through #7 water jacket and cyl. Same kinda thing with Comp roller lifters on a Power Tour too. Same with K Motion valve springs and Kaufman Engines. Valve train had to got done by a 5 year old Rockers hitting push rods, coil bind and shims top and bottom of springs. Lost OD in a 200r4 same year. 2013 never got a good pass, all year, 200r4 would never shift from 2 to 3. Too much work triing to get it to work, never did. Done with 200r4's in the FireBird. 3 fails in 4 years. Now, Crower bushed lifters, T & D steel shaft rockers, PAC springs and a 400 with a Venders. Alotta praying to be smarter sooner. Amen 2014, looking just to finish would be GREAT.
    Last edited by BlackGTO; May 19, 2014, 01:49 PM.
    First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
    Second place SSBBNA 2016
    Third place SSBBNA 2017
    Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
    All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

2010 sb/na 2012 sb/pa 2013 sb/pa All three years I didnt suffer any breakdowns and could very week have continued on. It's the same engine if had in the car since 2009 which has only had lifter and spring changes. Also had to replace a cam in the winter of 2010/2011 because the Dist gear ate itself but I wouldn't call that a catastrophic failure and it was found during maintenance over the winter.
      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

I don't like to look back at my History, its ran the entire range......................
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Drove my 55 well over 1000 miles to Topeka in 11, ran a few seconds behind the fast cars in BB PA, drove home. Towed it to Bowling Green in 13, got second in Gasser, it made some interesting coughing sounds going thru the lights on the last run, which was the quickest the car ever went, 11.19. Hauled it home, drove it around some, pulled the blower off to put on the Chevy II.
          you say a few sec like it a small thing

Comment

There are so many classes and subsets for the 350 or so cars participating that we’ll break down each of the classes in the simplest of terms below. This category also sets a 3000-pound weight limit, and has two classes—one for naturally aspirated, and Our breakdown basics give you a quickie class overview aided by a sample car or two to give you a visual takeaway a second class for power adders that include the use of nitrous, supercharging, turbocharging, or a combo of some or all of these.

Comment

SRSBPA

2016 My first year, finally. Wasn't even sure if the car was going to finish, just got it running 2 days before leaving. Went thru 2 blocks, a crank, and two thrust bearings before the D Day. lol Went thru the week with little to no problems, Busted radiator cap, and a flat tire on my drag radial. Finished 3rd.

2017 My class was tighter/tougher, finished 6th, rear tire valve stem. lol

Knock on wood, I've been lucky lol

Comment

Originally posted by 93alexcoupe View Post
                SRSBPA

2016 My first year, finally. Wasn't even sure if the car was going to finish, just got it running 2 days before leaving. Went thru 2 blocks, a crank, and two thrust bearings before the D Day. lol Went thru the week with little to no problems, Busted radiator cap, and a flat tire on my drag radial. Finished 3rd.

2017 My class was tighter/tougher, finished 6th, rear tire valve stem. lol

Knock on wood, I've been lucky lol
                Alex, you’re car is awesome!

Comment

Been 12 times with same car and to answer Mike's question yes I could have carried on to more tracks. Raced in Daily Driver SME BBPA & BBNA. No longer competitive but wouldn't miss it for the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X