TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNT

Went with a few friends yesterday to the track... The day was very hot and muggy... The track seem to be loose and most were having trouble with there 60' times off a couple tenths... Rod with the 68 black GTS Dart showed up car was looking good and as always Rod's Dart well maintain and ready to run... Rod was able to get into the 11's even with the track condition... The finial was a all BBF finishing 1,2,3
    Last edited by quick 52; July 13, 2014, 01:46 PM.
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    Went with a few friends yesterday to the track... The day was very hot and muggy... The track seem to be loose and most were having trouble with there 60' times off a couple tenths... Rod with the 68 black GTS Dart showed up car was looking good and as always Rod's Dart well maintain and ready to run... Rod was able to get into the 11's even with the track condition... The finial was a all BBF finishing 1,2,3
    Did you go to Ubly? my buddys were up there with a black 2013 mustang trying to get in to the 10s. he ran a 11.07 close but no cigar. He is heading down to DW this year with Marc and I he was 30th on waiting list but is going to go in hopes of getting in day of. Are you taking the truck?
    Last edited by 4eyeTroy; July 13, 2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post

Did you go to Ubly? my buddys were up there with a black 2013 mustang trying to get in to the 10s. he ran a 11.07 close but no cigar. He is heading down to DW this year with Marc and I he was 30th on waiting list but is going to go in hopes of getting in day of. Are you taking the truck?
      Yes we were and remember the Mustang that Stang was running hard we were all talking about it... What he got done to it... My son had a 2012 and with tune and cold air kit and slicks and 300 miles on the clock went 11.68 @ 119 those 5.0 really run .. Ask your buddy if he remembers the 69 Mustang yellow with purple flames, 91 notch orange and 68 black Dart

Comment

Yes we were and remember the Mustang that Stang was running hard we were all talking about it... What he got done to it... My son had a 2012 and with tune and cold air kit and slicks and 300 miles on the clock went 11.68 @ 119 those 5.0 really run .. Ask your buddy if he remembers the 69 Mustang yellow with purple flames, 91 notch orange and 68 black Dart
        His has cold air intake, 3in exhaust, drag radials+light wheels, tune and 3200 stal. oh yeah e85. its that dohc they flow like no other. but he is planning on spraying a small shot i think. il ask Im sure he saw you guys. I should be up there by the end of the month with mine N/A il let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post

His has cold air intake, 3in exhaust, drag radials+light wheels, tune and 3200 stal. oh yeah e85. its that dohc they flow like no other. but he is planning on spraying a small shot i think. il ask Im sure he saw you guys. I should be up there by the end of the month with mine N/A il let you know.
          He has something more than that must be spraying to run 11-0 or boost turbo blower... Still was very quick
          Last edited by quick 52; July 15, 2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I was at the track this last weekend .. Friday I hung out at a road course ( 2.7 mile ) was alot of fun .. Brakes were my only limitation and my driving Then swung over to the drag strip beside and did 10 runs .. Best was 11.15 1.53 60 ft .. At 3800 ft .. Looking forward to doing some 10 s runs at better air .. Little changes have made a differnece

Comment

You guys were something last year and would expect you will be faster this year... The Mustang rebuild looks great and you brother GTO and a Plus having your father along... Wont be making it this year had the 52 f1 truck last year was park in Bowling Green out back a car or 2 away from you guys... Good luck this year to all DW 4eyetroy was also out back

Comment

I finally got my Drag Week motor put together and in. Got some TNT runs in last night. Nothing earth-shattering, but nothing came apart either! 1.56, 7.22 @ 94.14 through the exhaust at about 1500 DA....should run right at 7 flat with no exhaust....maybe a little better with some tuning.
                Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post
                  I finally got my Drag Week motor put together and in. Got some TNT runs in last night. Nothing earth-shattering, but nothing came apart either! 1.56, 7.22 @ 94.14 through the exhaust at about 1500 DA....should run right at 7 flat with no exhaust....maybe a little better with some tuning.
                  That's around my best think it was a 7.23 @94 and 11.41 @116 7.0 should get you 11.0 great job

Comment

To run 11.68 and 119 there is more to the story than your telling than tune on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
                      To run 11.68 and 119 there is more to the story than your telling than tune on it.
                      It's likely possible with the right gears, CAI, tune, and slicks. A CAI and an aggressive tune, and maybe a little exhaust work ought to be able to get the engine in the 460-480 h.p. range, "all motor."

Even with the wrong tires, no tune, minimal suspension work, stock 3.31 gears (not the optional low ratio), heavy stock 8x18" wheels, wrong transmission (Chinese 6-speed manual), a stock air box/OEM filter, and a bumbling, antique driver, my Coyote has run in the twelves (race weight: 3,707#).

If I put some drag struts on it, front runners, and got some real slicks, it ought to dip into the elevens.

The NMRA Coyote Stock guys are running a couple of seconds quicker (albeit at about 500# lighter weight).

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
                        My sons 2012 GT #3400 and change he researched the models for the lightest and that's what he got there was one in Ohio and the dealer made a trade for him. Then it was taken to Lidio Alternative performance for a tune and cold air box made 368 hp stock with tune and cold air box 399hp put 275x60x15 MT DR on best 11.68 @ 119 and was video and is on Lidio site the car was in the 11.80 all day with the 11.68 its best pass...
                        Last edited by quick 52; July 18, 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

My sons 2012 GT #3400 and change he researched the models for the lightest and that's what he got there was one in Ohio and the dealer made a trade for him. Then it was taken to Lidio Alternative performance for a tune and cold air box made 368 hp stock with tune and cold air box 399hp put 275x60x15 MT DR on best 11.68 @ 119 and was video and is on Lidio site the car was in the 11.80 all day with the 11.68 its best pass...
                          I'm a little skeptical of the claimed 3,400-lb weight. My '12 is a no-option Equipment Package 300A, and with me in it (~ 220 lbs) and about a gallon and a half of gas in the tank, it scaled on DW '13 at Bowling Green at 3,707 lbs. The unoccupied dry weight would have to be closer to 3,500, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post

I'm a little skeptical of the claimed 3,400-lb weight. My '12 is a no-option Equipment Package 300A, and with me in it (~ 220 lbs) and about a gallon and a half of gas in the tank, it scaled on DW '13 at Bowling Green at 3,707 lbs. The unoccupied dry weight would have to be closer to 3,500, IMO.
                            That's why you do research first and know now to drive Granny shifting it went 12.00 what do you launch at do you ride the clutch what's your 60"

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post

Your weighting about the same 3707- 220 is what I said 3400 and change to be exact 3487 my sons weight is 140 hes on vacation when home Sun. I'll get the exact #
                              Last edited by quick 52; July 18, 2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X