Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 1/2 weeks left....how's your car coming along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I also put the new Lemons headers on. They are larger than the old set, tube size and collector size. It amazes me someone can build a set of 2 1/4 headers for a car that never had a big block in it, from the factory, yet alone a tall deck, have it fit with NO "adjusting" the pipes for fit and be two thousand miles away. Haven't taken it to the track but "seat of the pants" is telling me it likes the new headers.
    All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Looks like I'll be hitchhiking......

If my Formula sits around much longer I'll have to dig a hole in the backyard & bury it. It's the only humane thing left to do.

Comment

I got the new 28in tires mounted yesterday. going to the track sat for some TNT then sunday i'm going to spend the day getting her road legal, headlights, tiallights, signals, cup holders you know the necessities. labor day weekend were going to hook up and test the spray, after that we have 5 days to finish whatever we forgot. pretty much where i thought i would be right now, not as much time as i'd like to have but it could be way worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
          I've worked on mine daily since the motor came off the dyno 3 months ago. New motor, trans, driveshaft, 9", shocks, front and rear suspension, AR bar, new hood with fabbed scoop, roll bar, fuel system, etc. The car is drivable now. It still haven't made it to the track with all the rain we've had. Still need to build a trailer hitch, find some street wheel and tires that will fit my 5/8 studs, and other little things. I'm saying I'm still 50/50 based on my confidence in the car with little track and road testing. Don't want to embarrass myself out there.
          Wow, has it been 3 months since then? I'm a slacker for sure. My junk is still on jackstands. I fall in the "I'll finish it Monday in Tulsa" club....

Comment

Dyno tomorrow! Hope to Test Friday!

Comment

Looks like a freaking beast. What class you planning on running?
              78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
                Looks like a freaking beast. What class you planning on running?
                Thanks!! Pro Street .....just hoping to survive the drive and have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blown II View Post
                  X2
                  78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Blown II View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing your car cruising down the high scaring kids along the way .. You have the right attitude .. Finish first .. Hope for consistent runs along the way .. But most of all have fun .. For a drag racer there nothing better than drag week

Comment

Apparently I have been testing mine to much this summer .. I broke a spring last Friday .. Windowed the block .. Ended up buying a new engine 6.5 hr away . Dove part way after work Thursday .. Rest Friday then home .. Had it in the car running yesterday and back doing some 1/8 today .. Didn't get oil pan steeled properly ( at least I hope tHats what it is ) so back on blocks tonight and hopefully get gasket tomorow and try again .. We are leaving a week this Tuesday so no time to waste

Comment

Originally posted by bobs302z View Post
                        Apparently I have been testing mine to much this summer .. I broke a spring last Friday .. Windowed the block .. Ended up buying a new engine 6.5 hr away . Dove part way after work Thursday .. Rest Friday then home .. Had it in the car running yesterday and back doing some 1/8 today .. Didn't get oil pan steeled properly ( at least I hope tHats what it is ) so back on blocks tonight and hopefully get gasket tomorow and try again .. We are leaving a week this Tuesday so no time to waste
                        Hope you get your problems fixed and have a safe trip. You and your brother make the rest of us look like sissies by driving all the way from Canada. Hope to see you in Tulsa! (And maybe this time I won't get you and your brother confused. )
                        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Finally got mine fired up late yesterday. Brand new faceplated T56 tranny, motor was completely torn apart, and some wiring was changed. Everything seems ok for now... I put 50 miles on it last night. I'm still trying to get used to the faceplated trans, but other than that it seems ok. I plan on driving it to work tomorrow for the 108 mile roundtrip commute in the 98* heat. That should be a good test... then to finish WOT tuning, then WOT nitrous tuning, get some more street miles on it, pull the trailer around, and also trying to get to the track soon. Stills so much to do. As long as nothing catastrophic happens, I should be good to go.
                          '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                          2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Made my first test pull with the trailer last week. It sure felt a little strange having a trailer hooked on to the car. Can't wait to go.

Comment

I'm pretty much ready. I ordered a sfi harmonic balancer for the 4.8 cause I don't want to fail tech cause of something stupid like a balancer. I was going to pull a small trailer but decided to do like last year and haul all my junk in the car but try not to take as much. Mounted 2 spares for my car trailer as this heat can be brutal on trailer tires and don't want to be stuck on the side of the road headed to Tulsa. Probably going to change the oil one last time tonight and take it for an afternoon cruise.

Comment

On engine dyno motor made 1850 HP on a relatively safe tune. Back in the car Wed and hope to be testing Friday. Trailer balanced and loaded. We are behind schedule a bit, but very optimistic!!

Comment

Working...
                                X