2015 rule updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    sorry, ninja edit. DD shouldn't be a catch-all, what is it about DD that so many cars aren't fitting in a class?
    If you build crazy stuff, like say a Factory Five car, or a Locost 7 or anything with a fabricated floor pan that's newer than '67 (Yes we are ignoring the Eddie Miller controversy here) . . . or something with the engine way set back, or even a T-Bucket, there's really no place to run but DD or Unlimited. That's just a quirk in the rules.

Besides, some people really like that racin'-not-time-trialin'-for-the-win thing, I hear.
    Last edited by 38P; September 18, 2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

How many Factory Five cars or Locusts have participated, in the history of the event?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

IIRC the early days had index based classes and they just became guys running laps till they hit the perfect XX.0000 average. Jay Brown won the 12.00 class in his Ford GT making lap after lap (something like 25 on the last day) . So if index classes come back the cars would need some kind of maximum pass limit. Now if 11.50 became a hard line and you got DQ'd as soon as you crossed the line.....(I dont think thats right though)

What is the thought on a Stock(ish) looking muscle car class Looser than FAST ?

Comment

How many Factory Five cars or Locusts have participated, in the history of the event?
          Kerby immediately comes to mind . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            The event is so popular at this point that DF could really pooch the rules and it would still sell out.

Too many people? Easy move the event west, that ought to cull the numbers down a bit!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post

What is the thought on a Stock(ish) looking muscle car class Looser than FAST ?
              It better be a lot looser than FAST . . . You would want 'em to have to hire real tech inspectors . . . That would cut into the profit margin . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Too many people? Easy move the event west, that ought to cull the numbers down a bit!
                If DF's rips on Cali are to be believed, it would probably be Randal and CDMBill in the finals (Although Squirrel and some of the Gebhards might show up to interfere with that pairing)

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  7" slicks for UNLIMITED...

fixed it #Smokeshow

Comment

I dont know, Factory Appearing Stock Tire just looks stock. For DW small and big block flat hood headers ok small rear tire with something like a 100 thread ware rating, no drag radials/tires/slicks.
                    Non of the correct number exhaust manifold/water pump/heads/intake stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Thats what "they" say.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post

Thats what "they" say.

I actually believe the high numbers are being driven by the fact it was in the middle of the country three years in a row. Move it far east or west and I bet the sell out time extends, if it sells out.

The other way would be make it 5 tracks and the end track is not the start track. That ought to scare off a number of folks as well. Unfortunately you'd likely lose the hero runs on Friday though too.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                          I, for one will be waiting for the rules to be finalized and then will make whatever changes I need to make to get into DW2015.
                          that's it, man.

All I know about the rules is that I don't have any good ideas.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

sorry, ninja edit. DD shouldn't be a catch-all, what is it about DD that so many cars aren't fitting in a class?
                            Change the firewall and some floor pans and your in unlimited or DD..
                            thats where i sit right now.. and being I cant get a NHRA license any longer
                            I can only run 10.0... depending on what happens on rules I will run unlimited
                            or DD
                            EDIT
                            Basically there are no rules in either class except the 10.80 in DD
                            Last edited by MR P-BODY; September 18, 2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Some great suggestions for sure. DD is an absolute necessary class, without it the day would consist of cameras running around the pits watching people work on their cars and very few going down the track. The sheer amount of would be participants seem to be staggering given the sellout time, but what is the ACTUAL number of people that would show with an unlimited sign up? The tracks were dead the last hour of the day at most locations. IMO DD is absolutely necessary but to control the class size make it 10.0-12.0 or 10.50-12.50 and after the deletion of some of the lesser run classes make a late model factory stock muscle car class or something. My other idea would be to limit your daily runs to take more participants. Hot Rod knows how many runs were made on any given day, 300 cars this year and some made 1 run some made 5 runs so figure 3 run average would be 900 runs made down the track in a day. so if they allow 400 cars and 2 runs each per day maybe an option. I'm assuming maybe 1 pair of cars every 2 minutes so 60 down the track every hour, does that sound right?

Comment

we could have gone faster this year. At 3 of the tracks we were not allowed into the water box until the pair ahead crossed the line. That might be needed with other classes, but DD should have one pair in the water, another coming to the line and a third clearing the big end. Makes for a good show and room for more cars.
                                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                                X