No announcement yet.

2015 rule updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agreed ,,and i heard the same thing,,but.i heard him say something about it "getting out of hand'...

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
      I already said it on FB, but I think racing in the evening would certainly have it's benefits. Spectators and the live feed are becoming a bigger and bigger part of this whole circus and evening racing works better for the average Joe, not to mention the portion of the track staff who are volunteers. Biggest benefit to me would be the ability to get parts when stores/shops are actually open. Not many parts stores or tire repair shops open at midnight. I'm not king, but if I were, I'd try it for one year. If it didn't work well, I'd switch it back. Rain: As it is HR still has a drop dead time that they will cancel the day in the event of rain. It is not an open ended thing each day. The only other argument against it that I've heard is from the crowd that thinks it will become some sort of snoozer Power Tour event. Whatever. The event really ain't broke yet I suppose, so maybe HR doesn't think they need to fix it. But things would definitely be different if I were king.

If you're going to move the racing to evening, then most folks would sleep close to the track after racing is over, then head for the next track in the morning
      - that would certainly address the worry of competitors wrecking on the road at night after a day of racing due to fatigue.

It would also mean racing would occur probably in cooler temperatures. That idea has lots of merit sir.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Any news from Frieberger when the proposed rules will be posted?

Comment

• They will be posted some time last week. So...I guess we wait...
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            They will be posted some time last week. So...I guess we wait...
            HURRY UP ALREADY!

Comment

• Still waiting going to have to start building off of last years rules

Comment

• [QUOTE=

I'm going to put this out there, and you can flame me if you want. I think a Co-driver should be Mandatory...We took 5 cars and only 7 people this year, and it was brutal. First time in 5 finishes that I've done it solo, and it's just not smart.[/QUOTE]

That rule is Bull $hitt Both Kirby and I travel alone and have been on 4 plus DWs we never have issues on getting to our destinations. Most of the time we are at out destinations by 6pm. I your get lost that's your problem!!!!!!
                Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                Drag Week 2011 DD
                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

• edit
                  Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                  Drag Week 2011 DD
                  Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                  Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

• Tom,
                    I guess if you bring a well sorted out combination, that isn't stressing any of the parts at the E.T. it's capable of, then you're in the lanes early and on your way to the next destination within two hours of the race day, it must be seem like a pretty easy endeavor. I have yet to experience such a Drag Week, since we bring junk bolted together at the last minute. I also believe both you and Kirby have at least one DNF, and I have yet to personally experience that either, knock on wood, in 5 Drag Weeks.

It's my opinion, based on my experiences, that the event is more enjoyable, and safer with a co-driver. Everyone seems to be worried about car count growing out of control, and how do we allow the most people to enjoy the event, well, if everyone had a co-driver, now you have effectively raised the number of participants without adding more cars.

Are the motel parking lots at the next day's location more fun than actually spending the day at the racetrack where the event is happening? Maybe I've been doing it wrong all along! Kinda like running a marathon, I like to take 5 hours, and really soak in all that it's about, what's the fun in running one in under 3 hours?

Comment

• That is me but I like to spend a bit more time on the track enjoying it, of course I don't take as much time to study everything while cruising down the track as some. I think a smaller group that the one we had this year would probably get us to the hotel in the next town earlier.

Man what a fun week I hope the new rules don't take much away from that.

Comment

• what new rules?
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I guess there are no new rules yet.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of a mandatory passenger. People get flaky with the cars and it's just as bad IMO with just people and other life events "suddenly" getting in the way! I see it happen regularly with just weekend deals let alone a week long event across the country.

My car is generally not afraid of the highway miles, it's the track I worry about breaking on. Sure, I could zing to each hotel as fast as I could get away with, but I choose to follow along with some more ragged cars for the "enjoyment" of sitting on the side of the road from time to time. The slower speed allows to me to take in some of the "night time" scenery, lol.

One of my favorite memories still is from 2012, Jeff pulled over at like 9pm because he was sucking oil in through his heads and had to add oil, and as we were standing there while he was adding oil you hear this distant roar growing and growing. Soon the father/son guys in the '55(?) Chevy roar by at like 60mph, and just as their exhaust is about to fade out of ear shot it picks back up and they came back to check on us. Way cool guys and the sound of their unmuffled engine with steep gears was quite memorable. Best part was we leap frogged with them a couple times
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I have to admit that is one of the coolest thing I ever saw at drag week. Every time one of us had an issue on the side of the road we had to make sure to have someone out there to wave everyone else on if we didn't need help. I think at one point we could have had 50 cars on the side of the road with us. We kept a decent pace and looked and helped when needed. We were out late at night alot.

For awhile the first night when BBR broke we were leap frogging the Lutz crew and for lack of a better description stretchy truck. It was really fun in my mind to fill up next to lutz's evil twin. When we were stopped for BBR's mustang last stop on drag week it was interesting to hear the cars for a really long time coming towards us. Then they would top the hill and come by. Alot slowed down to check some drove on by. But we had 5 cars stopped there also.

I am not a fan of mandatory passenger but it was nice when I had one. Made the drives a better and kept me awake. If I get to do it again I will probably take a passenger, just got to find someone else I can spend that kind of time with. I think if BBR does it again it won't be as my passenger.

Comment

• I have done both with and without a copilot. Drove with no cars around and with a pack. All of them are unique, but getting to that type of "mandating" is not much about competition part of DW.

Should there be the "Fast car without a copilot" award? lol
                                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X