Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If somebody brought a rail dragster or a funny car to Drag Week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If somebody brought a rail dragster or a funny car to Drag Week...

It would be taking things too far - but would it be a lame case of taking things too far, or an awesome case of taking things too far?

hey, if they can do it, then go for it! I remember seeing an Altered on Power Tour in the early years.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Some guy akready tried to bring some two seater open cockpit roadster deal. I think he was bounced before it started for not getting his tow rig into impound in time.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

What a stupid idea!

Comment

Only some dumba$$ with a purple Duster would try that stupid idea again. LMAO. Probly be LS powered with a set of twins right Eddie? Am I close. LOL.

Comment

Okay, but if it only has one seat it better only have one guy working on it all week? Or at least most the time....... Oh, and I better see lots of header flames.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              Okay, but if it only has one seat it better only have one guy working on it all week? Or at least most the time....... Oh, and I better see lots of header flames.

Did you see how many people were working on Larson's truck, how bout' Lutz' cars, and a few others in lower classes!??!?!

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                Did you see how many people were working on Larson's truck, how bout' Lutz' cars, and a few others in lower classes!??!?!
                Nope, I was watching the video feed this year IMO if anything is the undoing of Drag Week greatness, it'll be "planned outside assistance" that some entrants have.

Comment

I think it would be awesome. You could have your pit crew enter a Sprinter van and go for "Fastest Diesel"

You could pull a trailer with all of the batteries you need for your electric get between tracks motor because:

It doesn't FUEL, charge, cool, or propel the car.

it's already gone too far, I wouldn't even bother trying to say "We're making a point"
                  Last edited by Beagle; September 22, 2014, 01:22 PM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

It is what it is, and I'm not complaining, but these cars with a full crew around them all the time is not what DW was meant to be, and I'm sure David does not like it, just how do you police it? DW is about the comradery, and racers helping racers, just some are taking full advantage of it.

Comment

My thought about a TF rail from "the day" that wouldn't need an emissions test is to somehow brace up the chassis, they flex like hell. Some of those potholes out there would have you laying frame on the route. You could probably leave a hopped up Briggs V-twin on board to pull it between tracks, they don't weigh all that much. The rules say you can't SWAP motors, not that you can't have TWO in the car.

Comment

ah, and I'm not complaining - that'll get you in trouble.

I would PAY to see this driving between tracks!!!!

Comment

Agreed the policing is difficult. Using myself as a prime example. I show up in a barely 12 second car (entered in SR BB/NA), drive with the same group of cars, say one or two has an issue, I'll be there for each time, I'm going to help. I can sleep at night because I know, and they know, they were doing drag week rather I showed up or not, and likewise I'd do drag week rather they showed up or not. Now how does the casual observer see that for 300 cars and made up number of 80 or so "groupings" of people which were "pre-planned dependencies" and which are "I'm glad to see you again and lets roll together and we'll help each other if needed" ? That's the hick-up that is hard to sort out.

One of the reasons I proposed a multiple route method (originally I said go in opposite directions, but in many cases same directions work just different roads) where you do not know which route you'll get until you turn in your time slip. Turn in pictures of the wrong route and you are DQ'd. Could be like impound for the road so to speak. Have a Hot Rod guy out in the pits picking out ~25% of the field for separation and have the remainder be random draw.

Comment

Ok, this thread just went FULL RETARD!!!

Comment

What's retarded about it? Are you pissed you didn't dream any of this up? It's all legal - at least as much so as the "stock" flooring in some cars.

I'd seriously consider a rail / dune buggy with a mid engined LS and air suspension to put that bitch in the asphalt at the track, up for the trip. Two seats, front to back.

I guess you could go side x side

Last edited by Beagle; September 22, 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X