Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MoTown Engineers Preparing To Attack DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoTown Engineers Preparing To Attack DD?

I mean the Hellcats on Drag Radials @ 10.90, the Ford Motorsports 2015 blown 5.0 @10.90 and the C7 Z06 @10.90. Will they all come to DW and go for the DD bracket race?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Not as company rides. they wouldnt even think of it

Comment

You have to wonder if Tesla didn't single handedly bring these horse power wars on.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        I mean the Hellcats on Drag Radials @ 10.90, the Ford Motorsports 2015 blown 5.0 @10.90 and the C7 Z06 @10.90. Will they all come to DW and go for the DD bracket race?
        Unless they put a roll bar in them, they are not going any faster then 11.49...
        Last edited by Moms Car; October 2, 2014, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moms Car View Post
          Unless they put a roll bar in them, they are not going any faster then 11.49...
          Actually they can go to 10.0 (I believe it is)... NHRA came out
          with a exempt for the factory unchanged cars

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

Not at drag week. This has been discussed and does not apply. I called NHRA. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

10.8 in DD though... bar or not.

Brings up an interesting point - I think Squirrel ran a 9.9x in Plan II but it wasn't NHRA legal to run that fast so he couldn't turn in the slip. The interesting point there is they didn't bounce him from the track for running too quick like they will at some places.
              Last edited by Beagle; October 2, 2014, 06:39 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Brings up an interesting point - I think Squirrel ran a 9.9x in Plan II but it wasn't NHRA legal to run that fast so he couldn't turn in the slip. The interesting point there is they didn't bounce him from the track for running too quick like they will at some places.
                I was in daily driver in my CTS-V wagon and could not turn in a slip faster then 11.49 as I have no bar. That is why I fell out of the top 12 or so on Friday night. I was hunting for a 10 second slip so I blew my standing with 3 11.0x passes. I got an automatic 20 second @ 50 mph slip. I still had a blast!
                Last edited by Moms Car; October 2, 2014, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

MOST tracks will give you a warning and thats been the case with the
                  tracks on DW.. being that you paid up front the tracks dont like to kick
                  you out... but as said you can only turn in a time for what your legal to..
                  they know some cars are trying to slow down to be within their limit

Comment

I can't believe how EVERYBODY latched onto the "no roll bar for 2007 and newer" factory stock car rule. It was one exemption for one specific racing class and even an air filter or fire change negated the rule. But, I'd feel a lot safer running 10.30@140 in a new Z06 than some clap-trap G-body with Bubba's Bubble Gum weldshop rollbar.

Comment

I have a 6pt bar in my car but I am going to cut it out. That way I can still run in DD
                      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X