• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Proposed Rules are here!

have fun!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

hmmm
    interesting changes - ALL fast cars go to impound every day after handing in their first FAST time slip.

Am I reading right that there is no more restriction to the vintage of engine in the hot-rod class?
    that completely spoils the spirit of that class IMHO - I understand them wanting to expand it - but I don't want to see a bunch of old cars with LS in them.....
    Last edited by milner351; October 10, 2014, 09:31 AM.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Hot Rod is pretty much wide open. Nice!

and Blown Gasser is a separate class....YES!!!!!!!!!!!
      My fabulous web page

Comment

Interesting how Pro Street becomes the stock body Unlimited class. If that is true why not allow methanol and why all the tire size drama? Where does a radical small tire or radial tire car run? A lot of fairground cruisers ran methanol way back into the '80s so it is part of the image. Also, e-mail DF if you want changes? C'mon when we have forums to thrash it about in?

Squirrel: No wheelie bars?
        Last edited by RockJustRock; October 10, 2014, 10:07 AM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I thought this was interesting:

"In Small-Block classes, engine displacement must be 430 ci and below, and the engine may not be a Mopar Hemi...."

So a Gen 3 Hemi (5.7L engine) is a big block???

Comment

I'll need to add a bar and a big bunch of PONIES if I am to reach my goal of quickest 32 in Daily Driver.............(I know, DD is just a filler class)
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

And just count the Anti Chad and Larry rules. Also I'd suggest some kind of catastrophic complication variance on the impound thing. I mean a guy blows up or screws up his s**t big time and it's just him and the co-pilot fixing it?
              Last edited by RockJustRock; October 10, 2014, 10:32 AM.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

They have no problem with Larry and Chad. It's the rest of the team.....
                My fabulous web page

Comment

WHEELS AND TIRES
                  •On the dragstrip, Street Race cars must use D.O.T.-marked drag radials with a metric section width no greater than 325 as designated by the manufacturer on the sidewall.

This is on the Street race classes. No et streets or bias slicks? That is not cool.

Comment

I think the drag radial and the 10.5" wheel thing are going to get ALLOT of backlash.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well ,Looks like DD for me next year time to turn it down. Rules suck!!

Comment

Originally posted by c2xejk View Post
                        I thought this was interesting:

"In Small-Block classes, engine displacement must be 430 ci and below, and the engine may not be a Mopar Hemi...."

So a Gen 3 Hemi (5.7L engine) is a big block???
                        No. That rule has been there for years. They are talking about the the Gen2 426 Hemis.

I don't like the drag radial only requirement for Super/Street Race. I don't know why they came up with that. I like my bias ply stuff. Want to run a regular slick? Then it's off to DD or Unlimited.

DD needs a 'drag tire' requirement.
                        Last edited by BBR; October 10, 2014, 10:53 AM.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I am going to run unlimited. I have as much chance of winning there as getting into the quick 32

Comment

So your mule has to also run 8.50 or better (how fast can a 15 passenger van go with a turbo LS7?) (Edit: if money is no object buy the crew a fast car) I dont under stand the hate on the slicks either. DD is now a 10.0 class. Hope it comes back to the East I would love to hang out with the racers for a day or two!
                            Last edited by Russell; October 10, 2014, 10:55 AM.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Looks like modified is being rolled into super street , and I will need new tires and build a new engine under 430 inches. I could put leafs back in and run street race small block...

My buddies car is going to only work in unlimited, but will barely be a 8.0 car, all because of the floor otherwise it would be superstreet small block power adder.
                              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X