2015 Proposed Rules are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    There WERE fast street/strip cars BEFORE Drag Week, you know?
    There's an interesting thing about this. Around here, the cars that used to be fast street/strip cars all ended up being strip only cars. The constant need to go faster, overcame the need to keep them streetable.

Drag Week gives us a place to run, where the streetability thing is just as important as going fast. It really is unique. And those who haven't done it, really can't understand.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm getting Randal to help me pack that's a bunch of stuff to go in that trunk
      Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      I think it would be interesting to at least downscale the trailer to hold a tool box, tires, jack, Nitrous bottles, and gas cans. The basics. Maybe a small air compressor. That would cover probably 90% of folks. Spare parts ride in the car with the suitcases. I already see the keg protests, lol. I haven't used a trailer, but I wouldn't necessarily always go that route. It takes me about ten to fifteen minutes to unload or load this stuff. Typically I can load it all back in, in just the time it takes my dinky air compressor to air up the drag radials for the road. I get quicker at it as the week goes on =P Of course I don't have a fuel cell in my trunk either. And x2 Billy!!

Comment

Riding with you Joe is still on my bucket list!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Some have a spreadsheet and take pics of how they have the trunk packed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            Riding with you Joe is still on my bucket list!
            Be careful what you wish for Randal, it is not pretty riding in my car . This year I purchased a new radiant heater made by the folks at Rossler its there 400 model, I believe, it heats up to roughly about 245 degrees most days but every once in while when you get lost and the fan goes out it can generate about 290 degrees. Which I was told by some guy named Larry that we were going to cook ourselves but of course I knew better or should I say I had a plan. I apologize if any of you saw me and my passenger at check points for the lack of clothing we were wearing, a site nobody should see but yes we traveled in our underwear for a week . Just a warning Randal
            Last edited by Joe Barry; October 12, 2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Its Drag Week.... That is all
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My eyes Joe. LOL.

Comment

If I only had the cookies in my possession
                  Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                  My eyes Joe. LOL.

Comment

LOL. True.Finding Waldo would be easier than finding the cookies.That said had you been stopped and arrested for your lack of clothing you had my number.My Bondsman buddy had the State of Kansas covered.Oklahoma you would have been on your own.

Comment

Remember my line about, If unlimited ends up being a catch-all for misplaced uncompetitive cars, the sorting system is broken. Under the new proposed rules, Small tire car with a glass decklid, straight to unlimited, Original Hurst 68 Hemi Dart, glass front fenders, straight to unlimited, car with no front bumper, that's not a gasser, straight to unlimited, Small tire car with an aluminum dash, straight to unlimited. Any class car, not a gasser with a bias ply tire under 13.50 on the sidewall, straight to unlimited. THAT'S A BROKEN SORTING SYSTEM!!!

Comment

I'd like to see the car sorting flow chart!
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Agree with you and Billy on those things.

Comment

the no wheelie bar in gasser is pretty dumb, some will still launch hard ,but anyone wanting to make a good pass or not destroy their car will launch soft..

Comment

unlimited = as it states unlimited
                              pro street = same rules as 2012 -2014, by the new rules you can have a tube frame, strut front, aluminum floor and firewall, engine set back 6 inches, plus or minus 4 wheel base, doesn't sound like much of a back half pro street car to me. sounds more like a steel unlimited
                              new class ultra street =, a place for the steel unlimited cars
                              super street = combine super street and modified, based off modified rules, 10.5 tire or any drag radial, no 10.5 w allowed
                              street race = same rules as 2012- 2014 10.5 tire or any drag radial, no 10.5 w allowed
                              gasser and hot rod, I don't have enough knowledge on them classes to give my opinion

This is my opinion of how the rules should be, and if we don't give our opinion, Hot Rod is going to screw up these classes

Comment

be sure to email it to [email protected]
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X