No announcement yet.

2015 Final rules are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it really depends on how accurate the pump is - does anybody know who's pump they are using?

Errors Will Always Be On The Small Side; Giving The Engine Builder The "Benefit Of The Doubt". If It Pumps Big, It Is Big !

Accurate To 1/2 c.i. per cylinder (Total of 4 cubic inches for a V-8).

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

IMO, if you are worried about it, then you are not even trying to fit the rules......
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'm curious, not worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
          Back to the engine displacement.

547.61142856 cu.in.
          and
          552.60102856 cu. in.

Yep, geometry comes in handy, even on Drag Week.
          I guess Wallace racing and Performance trend calculator are wrong both give 547.39 and 552.38
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
            I guess Wallace racing and Performance trend calculator are wrong both give 547.39 and 552.38
            probably how far they carry out PI

Randal kind of tagged me. I'd run a 557 if I already had one built... I'm not offset grinding a crank to get to 555 if I already had a 557, and I don't think they have a pump so accurate they'd give you the boot.

Since I don't have either, it's all good!

Comment

Have they been routinely pumping the podium finishers in the small block classes in recent years? Anybody care to comment on the results?
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                Have they been routinely pumping the podium finishers in the small block classes in recent years? Anybody care to comment on the results?
                I'm not quite big enough of a dick to throw down the 100.00 protest. I'd rather throw the 100.00 at a waitress...I can't put heads back on for 100.00, and I bet the pump won't find the 2 inches. If I were racing 6 cubic inch junk, I'd be at arms about 2"... at 555, not sure I care.

The rest of the rules would keep me out anyway... t-bucket wouldn't fly with a 555, 557, or 666. I would like to see a bucket with a truly oversized mill.
                Last edited by Beagle; December 17, 2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Bill,
                  The only person to get pumped was Jeff McConnell, the only person to get kicked up a class for notched rails was Jeff McConnell, the only person who didn't get to run for showing up five minutes late was Jeff McConnell! Conclusion: someone like picking on Jeff even more than enforcing the rules. Disclaimer: I LOVE conspiracy theories!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                    Bill,
                    The only person to get pumped was Jeff McConnell, the only person to get kicked up a class for notched rails was Jeff McConnell, the only person who didn't get to run for showing up five minutes late was Jeff McConnell! Conclusion: someone like picking on Jeff even more than enforcing the rules. Disclaimer: I LOVE conspiracy theories!
                    LOL! The picture of Keith Turk with the engine pump in hand on Jeff's engine was the first thing to come to mind! They use the same pump at Bonneville. Damn, Drag Week really hates Jeff Capt'n Grey Area.

Comment

You've heard Keith talk about drag racers, haven't you?
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That they are land speed racers with short attention spans?

Comment

nope...that they all cheat.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Oh yeah, that too

Comment

there was a white 1st gen camaro got pumped but didn't get bumped . not sure what year or where .

Comment

Originally posted by stormts71 View Post
                                there was a white 1st gen camaro got pumped but didn't get bumped . not sure what year or where .

Irony would say it was James McEntire last year (with his white 1st gen - not SEERED), cause who was riding in it? Haha, Jeff McConnell. No, just messing around. I have no idea who and when got pumped with a white 1st gen.
                                ~Alain~
                                A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                                "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Working...
                                X