2015 Final rules are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Final rules are here!

have fun! Lots different from the proposed rules.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

DAILY DRIVER IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bring on the race tires!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I guess they didn't want steel Fox bodies in Steel Unlimited... you can have an 81 Camaro but not an 81 Mustang.

BUT - I see 1968 in FX!

What's with the 3000 pound race weights in so many classes?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Love that rule about the tires, gonna be great to see all those Yukons and trucks on drag radials!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
            Love that rule about the tires, gonna be great to see all those Yukons and trucks on drag radials!

That was my first thought,
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              I guess they didn't want steel Fox bodies in Steel Unlimited... you can have an 81 Camaro but not an 81 Mustang.

BUT - I see 1968 in FX!

What's with the 3000 pound race weights in so many classes?
              It's called the CHEVY RULE
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

So there is a no Fox rule for Unlimited Iron, well there haven't been any to date anyway. '68 engine families in Gasser, whoo hoooo! Interesting cylinder head rule there. Now to find that '56 T-bird again. An 8-71 on a 572 should be fun. The Fox project will be cheaper without all the carbon fiber parts in Street Race. Game on.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Oh, and thank god for the race tire only rule. Street tires are for Power Tour.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I wish they'd make an exception on the tire rule for the FAST class cars though.

Comment

Not trying to start anything here Wolf, just asking a question- How many FAST cars were there last year? And what does it affect if they have to run a skinny slick on the car? They are not rewarded by running a tire that cripples performance. I am sure that the tire rule is there to keep the track in good condition since street tires tend to do bad things to it.
                      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                        So there is a no Fox rule for Unlimited Iron, well there haven't been any to date anyway. '68 engine families in Gasser, whoo hoooo! Interesting cylinder head rule there. Now to find that '56 T-bird again. An 8-71 on a 572 should be fun. The Fox project will be cheaper without all the carbon fiber parts in Street Race. Game on.
                        8-71 on a 555 ... they're still out to get you. lol.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

C'mon Bill, the fox at 2700lbs in SS BB Na would be killer. Are P-51s considered conventional? Might have to do a 385 in a Valiant...

Comment

Woohoo, my class stayed the same, it would have been nice to have a big block and small block class but thats just fine, and my buddie is legal for super street power adder small block.
                            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                              Not trying to start anything here Wolf, just asking a question- How many FAST cars were there last year? And what does it affect if they have to run a skinny slick on the car? They are not rewarded by running a tire that cripples performance. I am sure that the tire rule is there to keep the track in good condition since street tires tend to do bad things to it.
                              I don't disagree. I thought the Super Bee was one of the coolest cars ever run at Drag Week, and I read they were planning on bringing more cars next year. Sure they can run on small slicks, but I have a special appreciation for watching a stock appearing musclecar run in the 10s on a skinny stock bias ply tire.

I think part of the tire rule is to also eliminate - or at least make it harder to run - the typical 16 second pickup truck/true daily driver, and I'm 110% behind that idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X