vip gold package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vip gold package

did anyone upgrade to this package on last years tour? was it worth the $300 ?

I wondered about this too cause my wife did this for us this year for my son and I for Christmas. I remember seeing the cars parked upfront in the venue but wondered about any other perks or goodies.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Somebody was complaining about it on another thread.......personally, since they can't seem to nail down the venue for Thursday, I'd pass..........
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I did it last year but I don't think it would be fair to base a decision on that since it was Family Events. The one this year might be different. The good points were that I got to see the BlaspHEMI as soon as it arrived, met David, and got up close parking 3 out of 7 stops. The bad points were they ran out of food at the VIP BBQ, I missed all my friends because I stayed at the host hotels, and didn't get good parking at 4 out of 7 stops. Definitely not worth 3 bills to me.

Comment

I have seen several posts saying it wasnt worth the money for the reasons listed above. Better to hang with the rest of the crowd and keep the extra cash for me. Just my $.02 on it.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Ditto for me. I have known people for years that know sponsors that have let them park beside their displays. And we would rather be with our PT friends, BS or not than with a crowd where we do not know anyone.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr View Post
              I have seen several posts saying it wasnt worth the money for the reasons listed above. Better to hang with the rest of the crowd and keep the extra cash for me. Just my $.02 on it.

Maybe we'll see a change for this year. If not then those that have it can still park with the rest of the group. The one benefit I see is if you were running late one day and needed to get the stamp or if it is pouring down rain. If so then I can load up a few people in my car and drive them to the front.
              Visit my sons blog:
              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

did you have to stay at the host hotels? in my 6 yrs i've never stayed at a host hotel as i like to get out and see the sights in the area before i hit the hotel. the parking may solve some issues i had in the past of getting to the venue in just the knick of time to get my card stamped

Comment

Hey can someone tell a Admin on here that any thread over a page I can't use the page button. I can't get to the last pages of any thread nothing will work. Been trying all weekend.Thanks
                  Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                    Hey can someone tell a Admin on here that any thread over a page I can't use the page button.
                    What "Page " button are you referring to ?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

What "Page " button are you referring to ?
                      The ones that don't work

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                        The ones that don't work
                        and ....

Comment

Top right, Page button, Next page, previous page, page page page. I believe he means the NEXT button for pages.
                          Last edited by sueunit; February 2, 2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Call me crazy (enough already!!) but I have actually thought about just 'shadowing' the tour, not paying the fee, largely taking the route and parking with the locals. Why, because since 2007, I have paid the fee, largely took the route and parked with locals AND did not get the swag that I assumed the fee would provide me (e.g., magnets, shirts, etc.). Furthermore, the long haul 'gift' has been quite lame these last few years. One thing that has gotten better each year is you all letting me cruise with you. And so far, you haven't charged me a fee
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                              Top right, Page button, Next page, previous page, page page page. I believe he means the NEXT button for pages.
                              Are you sure that's what he meant ?
                              What about the one at the bottom right ?

Comment

Working...
                              X