Caravan to Madison from Lake County, IL - June 5 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravan to Madison from Lake County, IL - June 5 2015

I am forming a group to travel up to Madison WI on Friday before Power Tour that will be meeting at the Menards Hardware / Lumber Yard in Fox Lake, IL At this location or across the street there is a Gas Station, Wendy's, Jimmy Johns, Giordanos Pizza (Best Chicago Pizza take out only 45 min cook time) a grocery store, Starbucks an Auto Zone for any of your needs.

From this location it is about 2 hour drive to Madison all on RT 12. This is not your typical interstate drive, we will go though some small towns and country roads.

A time has not been decided yet because it is based on the VFW fund raiser car show in Madison that day also, and that is not finalized. I am thinking we are leaving between 11am - 1am but the latest we will be leaving would be 3:30pm to assure that we are there to get our registration stuff picked up on Friday instead of Saturday (Registration open til 6:30)

If you have a chance and can get to the area the day before or early that day if we leave later there is a great automotive museum / war museum / antique and craft malls about 5 miles south of where we are meeting Volo Auto Museum www.volocars.com is unique because mostly everything in it is for sale, and they have a great selection, muscle cars and older, and of Movie cars from George Barris and other specialty collections. They are open 10-530 every day and 15 to get in. If you decide to go there are coupons out there and available if you look around online, (ie entertainment book)

I could also lead you in the direction of a cruise night the night before if you are in the area.

I live not to far from both of these locations and can help with hotels if you want to stay in this area, and with directions though or around Chicago to this location. You are all invted to swing by the house to at any time June 4th and 5th, PM me for directions and address.

If you don't join us this is a great drive to Madison from the northern Suburbs of Chicago anyway, you may want to consider it, some of it they used in 2009 as part of the route between Madison and Racine for the first driving day of Power tour.

This is Cambridge, WI a city right outside Madison from 2009 on that route

Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

this is very nice post

Stevenson University, known for its distinctive career focus and commitment to student success, serves more than 2,700 undergraduate students on its campus in Owings Mills, Maryland.

braindumps,ccna dumps,braindump,brain dumps,brain dump,dumps,ccna braindumps,mcse dumps,mcse braindumps,download braindumps,dump,exam simulator,exam dumps,testing engine

A degree from Bentley University will prepare you to lead and succeed no matter what you want to do. Your education is built around business and designed by you.

Last edited by nawazmns; February 23, 2015, 03:35 AM.

Comment

i wil have a better idea when time gets closer to see what day i,am leaving sounds good going that direction anyway

Comment

Working...
      X