Power Tour Smart Phone Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tour Smart Phone Apps

What are your favorite apps to use on the Power Tour? Last year, I used Google Maps in tandem with my updated Garmin. I liked Google Maps better. Another good app is PureGas. It locates ethanol-free gas stations in the area.
    Long Hauler: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14 ,15, 16. Short Hauler : 01, 13

I like "around me" to find places to go/ things to do/ food, etc...

Comment

There is one called Rest Stops. It's a must if you are traveling with kids.
      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
      Kansas City 2017

Comment

Originally posted by mkoppes View Post
        A good app is PureGas. It locates ethanol-free gas stations in the area.
        Sweetness !!!
        I had heard about an ethanol-free station in my town "out near the airport" for years, but nobody could ever tell me exactly where. I just found it !!!
        Thanks !!!

Comment

I own a stupid phone, don't use apps.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
            There is one called Rest Stops. It's a must if you are traveling with kids.
            Or coffee drinkers -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I use Real Time GPS Tracker 2 You can message friends a link to a site that shows exactly where you are. You must have your phone plugged in and a good data plan because it will eat through both.

Also you can set it up with friends that have the same app and you can see where they are and where you are on the same map. Or you can open up multiple maps and center them on each friend or your self. Many different options

It is by greenalp.com Been using it for about 3 years now and it keeps getting better every year. Anyone else that has it that wants to become a friend with me so we can see each other you can PM me and I help you set it up so we both can see each other.

http://www.greenalp.com/RealTimeTracker/ is the website that i found it at.
              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                I own a stupid phone, don't use apps.
                Me too, but I went to their website and looked it up ... my Vette loves 90 octane ethanol-free gas, and she's worth it !

Comment

Scott, I have the app and would like to connect to you......let me know what to do..... My PM is not working, you can email me if you prefer...... [email protected]

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I've used the same "GPS" (Gramma Positioning System) for the last 8 Power Tours......and when she says "re-calculating"......I duck!
                    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

puregas

Waze GPS app ... folks tag accidents and cops in real time ....

Comment

Working...
                      X