Places to see along power tour 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Staunton, IL.........isn't that where solsticefun (Jim) was from??
    That sounds familiar - yes.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

cozy dog's on rt 66? if your looking for an extra vehicle for that trip i would be in for sure
      Last edited by 59brook; May 22, 2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 59brook View Post
        cozy dog's on rt 66? if your looking for an extra vehicle for that trip i would be in for sure
        Is that a restaurant? Where is it?

Comment

Sounds like a lunch stop. I hate to not do the actual route, but always wanted to run Rt 66. We did some of it a couple of years ago and it was well worth the side trip.

Comment

I am going to stop at this place.

Comment

cozy dog drive in in springfield ill
              sorry i dont know how to link it but just google it and it will come right up
              Last edited by 59brook; May 23, 2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Saturday or Sunday event. This may cause a huge traffic jam for people driving south on Sunday.

Comment

cozy dog drive in in springfield ill
                  sorry i dont know how to link it but just google it and it will come right up
                  Here ya go.........

A Family owned restaurant. American fast food style, with counter service. Route 66 establishment. Home of the original corn dog on a stick, the Cozy Dog!

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Looking at the route for the 1st day......I notice we will pass within 14 miles of Rad Rides by Troy shops in Manteno IL......this could be an alternative stop for those who did Heidt's last year and want to do something different......a left hand turn off Hwy 102 at W. Manteno Rd/W 9000N Rd takes you practically to the shops front door......

Established in 1995 as a father and son business that has grown to become one of America’s top automotive shops. Committed to craftsmanship and performance.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rad+...1.250136?hl=en
                    Last edited by 383S-10; May 31, 2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                      I am going to stop at this place.
                      http://www.ussalabama.com/
                      It's awesome! I have had my boys there on several occasions
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                        Looking at the route for the 1st day......I notice we will pass within 14 miles of Rad Rides by Troy shops in Manteno IL......this could be an alternative stop for those who did Heidt's last year and want to do something different......a left hand turn off Hwy 102 at W. Manteno Rd/W 9000N Rd takes you practically to the shops front door......

Established in 1995 as a father and son business that has grown to become one of America’s top automotive shops. Committed to craftsmanship and performance.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rad+...1.250136?hl=en

good call on this ... I see they will have a booth set up at all of the power tour locations too ...

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo2k View Post

good call on this ... I see they will have a booth set up at all of the power tour locations too ...

Saw that too...so I will call tomorrow and see if they prepared for stop in visits or do they want to contain all activity to the Power Tour............but the chance for a photo op in front the shop might be a good keepsake......
                          Last edited by 383S-10; May 31, 2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

Saw that too...so I will call tomorrow and see if they prepared for stop in visits or do they want to contain all activity to the Power Tour............but the chance for a photo op in front the shop might be a good keepsake......
                            Fingers crossed they'll be open to visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                              Graceland!
                              My wife mentioned this... so that means she wants to go. Might try to get to the venue early, get our stuff, then take off. She said it's only +/- 20 minutes from our hotel.

We also plan on checking out the U of WI campus, as that's where her parents went to college and met.

And going to finish up with a morning trip to Nawlens.

Question...

To see some of this stuff... do y'all ever skip a venue and hand your stuff off to another BS'er to get your magnets/time stamps for that day? Only reason I ask is my wife is going to be bored out of her mind, but wants to be with me for the week, so I thought about maybe just skipping the Memphis venue and going to Graceland for the day, as she seems really interested in that (me too, honestly).
                              Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 1, 2015, 09:12 AM.
                              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post

Fingers crossed they'll be open to visitors.
                                I called Rad Rides. I spoke with the receptionist. She said I can stop by anytime. She did mention that most of the guys are gone between noon and 1pm.

*Unsure if they're open on Sunday*
                                Last edited by Criscobath; June 1, 2015, 01:33 PM. Reason: htrdharley pointed out it's Sunday when most of us will be coming through. I didn't ask if they're open on Sunday. My bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X