No announcement yet.

Power Tour Oil Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mine done at a dealership in Memphis a couple of years ago. Usually do it before and after, but it depends on how many miles I have to go in addition to the tour

Comment

I've always done mine before and sometime after. The Banana Boat uses a little so I'm adding fresh oil every few days on Tour. But Jess if you change before I would think your ok until you get home.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

one of us will have a floor jack. I've also gone to the local 'quick lube' joint, with my own oil and filter, and nicely explained that I was a 'pain in the neck' about my junk and they were very accommodating.
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj View Post
          one of us will have a floor jack. I've also gone to the local 'quick lube' joint, with my own oil and filter, and nicely explained that I was a 'pain in the neck' about my junk and they were very accommodating.
          I always have a floor jack and stands.

Comment

All right! Some great responses. I know what I plan to do, I'm going to change before and after, I was just curious what others do. I know some people will end up driving 4000+ miles! (And I did get a little ahead of myself, haven't quite changed it yet, but it will get changed after the intake is back on.)

I *normally* don't change my toys oil based on mileage. I typically put a couple thousand miles on the C10 per year and around 3,000 on the Mustang, so I just change them every spring. My wife's 2011 Mustang gets a synthetic blend and I change that around 4,000 (it's almost all city miles) and I use mobil 1 in my Z71 and that only gets changed every 5K... sometimes 6.

Also getting closer under the hood (intake is just sitting for now to keep crap out):
            Click image for larger version

Name:	873.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	1018505
            Click image for larger version

Name:	874.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	1018506

Last edited by Jesse James 80; March 24, 2015, 06:04 AM.
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

My daily driver truck is a Toyota Tacoma Inline four-cylinder (2.7L) and I use synthetic Mobil 1 Extended with a Purolator Gold oversize filter and change it out every 18,000 miles (which still has a TBN rating of 1.1 left) regardless of time duration. I'm currently at over 3-years duration and 16,500 miles. The main reason I am comfortable with this, is previous oil analysis by Blackstone Laboratories. Anybody else perform Used Oil Analysis (UOA) ?

Comment

before and after as well.....carry along a couple of quarts of Brad Penn 20W-50.....just in case.........rexx!

Comment

If we take the Beetle we will probably do before during and after. Recommended interval is 2,000 miles because there is no filter. We'll probably use a quick change place for during.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Not too many more knowledgeable than Terry Dyson!
                    Long Hauler: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14 ,15, 16. Short Hauler : 01, 13

Comment

oh you carbureted guys and your 3000 mile oil changes

truk goes 6000 plus before i start worrying
                      my dd 09 sierra is 9000 to 11,000 between oil changes
                      HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

since i'm taking the long route from florida to the little bighorn and then to madison i will put on between 6000-7000 miles so i bought 2 jugs of Mobil 1 extended milage 5w20. they claim 15,000 so i shoulld be fine till i get home

Comment

Working...
                        X