Stuff to See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff to See?

So what kind of interesting places/landmarks/etc are on this years route? Anyone have a list of suggestions?

For example, I've never been to Nashville so I may head that way after Bristol and check out "Cooters Place" (dukes of hazzard) on the way home.

Re: Stuff to See?

Memphis and the blues on Beale Street -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

after bristol, we are hitting Garretts Musclecar museum in Sevierville, Tn
      ford museum is suppose to be great.
      there is a very large junkyard nw of madison that we are going to on the friday before.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Stuff to see?

Youall in the rearview ;-).

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooooooH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII liiiiiiiiiike thisssssssssssssssssss STUFF

Comment

Originally posted by str8tpiperoar
            So what kind of interesting places/landmarks/etc are on this years route? Anyone have a list of suggestions?

For example, I've never been to Nashville so I may head that way after Bristol and check out "Cooters Place" (dukes of hazzard) on the way home.
            Been thinking of maybe stopping in Nashville also; the CMA fest is June 11-14 (amost too late for the PT'ers); the CMT awards are scheduled for June 17, live show/broadcast, but tix are not out yet....rexx

Comment

I may stop in Indy and take a tour of the Speedway. Anybody taken a tour there?
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

There is a ton of places you could check out while in Madison here are a couple of them

;D Benchmark Classics (they have about 50 classics in stock for sale; and they are restoring a Tucker Convertible):

Fast Cars is being built for YOU. Time is MONEY and the Fast Cars will soon be the goto destination to QUICKLY buy a vehicle in person or 100% online, it's up to you. From finding the right vehicle, to moving through the purchasing, finance and paperwork processes, everything will be FAST!

Benchmark Classics, LLC
                5400 King James Way
                Madison, WI 53719

;D Drive up to the Capitol park in a ramp and give yourself a self guided tour of the Capitol

Walk down State Street (runs right into the Capitol) and enjoy 10 bars, 15 restaurants, 20 shops

;) From there you could walk to the Memorial Union which is on the lake and they may have a free band on Friday and Saturday night: http://www.union.wisc.edu/

If you are an early riser Saturday check out the Farmers market around the entire Capitol (fresh donuts, produce, plants and load up on jerky for your road trip) 6AM-2PM: http://www.madisonfarmersmarket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy
                  It's worth a stop. Had tickets there for years....you can see the museum, take a bus ride around the track, if time permits play some golf. Might be a bit out of the way, but you can make up time on the road..... ;)
                  Ed.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

South Bend has the Studebaker museum. ;D Also the home to A.M. General, not sure if there is anything that we can take in there. They may give tours, not sure.
                    1964 Chevelle
                    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

My crew are dropping back down through the smoky mountains on the saturday as we head back west to missouri, we also plan on stopping at graceland. Any one wantng to join just shout, we plan on camping at both destinations.

Also where is cooters place? anyone got a address

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
                        My crew are dropping back down through the smoky mountains on the saturday as we head back west to missouri, we also plan on stopping at graceland. Any one wantng to join just shout, we plan on camping at both destinations.

Also where is cooters place? anyone got a address

Dukes of Hazzard Museum and Memorabilia - Nashville Pigeon Forge Luray

Comment

there is a very large junkyard nw of madison that we are going to on the friday before.
                          Whats the name of the junkyard? That's something I would possibly check out saturday if its not too far.

Comment

Schmidt's Auto Incorporated Dedicated Professionals, 24-hours/day (608) 257-0505 Towing 1621 Beld St. Madison, WI 53715 (608) 257-0505 Click for Google Map 1004 Dunkirk Ave. Stoughton, WI 53589 (608) 873-1212 Click for Google Map Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Parts 2121 Fish Hatchery Rd. Madison, WI 53713

6918 Meffert Rd. Waunakee, WI 53597.

It is not that far away.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                              Originally posted by Impala_Guy
                              It's worth a stop. Had tickets there for years....you can see the museum, take a bus ride around the track, if time permits play some golf. Might be a bit out of the way, but you can make up time on the road..... ;)
                              Ed.
                              Good Guys 21st. Hot Rod Nationals @ O'Reilly Raceway Park June 12-14....
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X