Donna's memory quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna's memory quilt

If anyone who hasn't already contributed wants to add a quote or very short story about Mike Franks for Donna's quilt, please get it to me via PM or post it here by Wednesday. The quilt is in the process of being sewn together and I need to get it finished! Thanks!!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

so cool that you are doing this terri
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Terri,

How about monetary contributions to help with YOUR cost for this quilt? PM or post your address. We will be glad to help if Pdub hasn't already (and maybe even if he has HA!).

We at the Spring Blooms Tour were fortunate enough to see this Memory Quilt. It is awesome. The sentiments expressed through word and deed, and woven into the quilt are awesome.

You have done beautiful work, Terri. Such a skillful blend of art and love.

Comment

the quilt looks great.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Thanks guys! I just hope Donna likes it.

If anyone would like to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. It is going to cost around $150 for the actual quilting, since I can't do that myself. Several of the attendees on the Spring Blooms Tour contributed, and I thank you all tremendously!! If anyone else would like to, send me a PM and I will provide my address. I need to get it to the quilter in the next few days so it will be finished on time. Can't wait to give the quilt to Donna!!
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

That is just the tip of the iceberg, I bet.

Last edited by sueunit; April 28, 2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

the quilt looks great.
              I bet it does! Where is the picture?
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post

I bet it does! Where is the picture?
                Forgive me Jim, I'm gonna step out of line here.....but.....I think Donna should see it before a picture gets posted.
                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I agree with that. It sounds like some have viewed it somewhere though.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                    I agree with that. It sounds like some have viewed it somewhere though.
                    Yes we saw it at the Bloom Tour last weekend and it is very nice, Terri did an excellent job. Thanx Jim for for your understanding.
                    Last edited by papasmurf587; April 28, 2015, 06:23 PM.
                    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I can't wait to see it, today has been a rough day and this really helps. I can't wait to see you all in June. This is going to be a really emotional trip for me but really looking forward to it. Thanks to all of you for all the support you have given me with your notes and texts and messages and phone calls and flowers and everything else. You guys all ROCK!
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Wish we could be there in person to help comfort you. Am sooo looking forward to giving you the quilt and meeting your daughter!

Comment

Donna - Sorry you are having those rough days. I definitely identify! I am glad you have all kinds of family to help you through.

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                            Donna - Sorry you are having those rough days. I definitely identify! I am glad you have all kinds of family to help you through.
                            DITTO
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Terri,
                              Funds are forthcoming this week... It ain't much, hope it's good seed...
                              Donna,
                              Can't wait to give you a hug in Madison...
                              Love and Prayers,
                              Tammy, Patrick and Sean
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; April 29, 2015, 06:50 PM.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X