Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANYONE GOING THROUGH MILWAUKEE BEWARE! AND ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT CHICAGO TRAFFIC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYONE GOING THROUGH MILWAUKEE BEWARE! AND ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT CHICAGO TRAFFIC.

ANYONE PLANNING ON GOING THROUGH MILWAUKEE BEWARE!!

MAJOR CONSTRICTION AT 894 AND 94 ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE CITY!

AS OF RIGHT NOW AND PROBABLY STILL GOING ON THROUGH JUNE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET FROM WEST 894 TO WEST 94 TO HEAD TO MADISON.

Take 194 out of IL all the way to downtown Milwaukee and then continue to Follow 94 to Madison

THERE IS CONSTRUCTION ALL OVER 94 BETWEEN THE IL BORDER AND MILWAUKEE, AND BETWEEN MILWAUKEE AND WERE 894 CONNECTS.

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THROUGH THE CHICAGO AREA THERE ARE 2 ALTERNATE ROUTES

Take west I90 to Rockford then 39/90 north to Madison

OR

Take 355 north to Route 12 Rand Road. Stay on Route 12 (Follow Signs) all the way to Madison
    The first 10-15 miles on Route 12 is suburban driving, but after that it opens up to become a rural road going through small towns, and is probably the reverse of the drive on Sunday for most of it.

TAKE I 355 NORTH TO ROUTE 12 RAND ROAD. STAY ON ROUTE 12 (FOLLOW SIGNS) ALL THE WAY TO MADISON.
    THE FIRST 10-15 MILES IS CITY DRIVING, BUT AFTER THAT IT OPENS UP TO BECOME A RURAL ROAD, AND SMALL TOWNS.

ALSO.

Any questions or advice you may be looking for about Chicago traffic let me know.
    I live about half way between Milwaukee and Chicago, and have lived in Chicago my whole life. I know many tips and tricks to getting around.

HOPE EVERYONE SAFE TRAVELS.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

~Drove thru this last night and again today myself. There is a detour available to get from 894 to 94 west, but the back up last night-at 9:45pm- was 4 lanes of stopped traffic a half mile long...(I was heading south to Oak Creek, WI)...
    Today on the return trip from Naperville, Illinois to Oak Creek, & Then on to home, I took I-94 thru downtown avoiding 894 completely. (I went thru at 1:30pm) traffic was smooth and only one slow down on I94 where the heaviest construction was being done on the 894 interchange. No stopped traffic, just about a mile&half of slo-go...

GTPilot88's advice is right on the money though... if you can use I90 towards Rockford or come up from the South using I-39 to go completely around Chicago, that's the way to go.

One other alternate is I94 up from Chicago to Kenosha. Take Hwy 50 west to Hwy 12 & then follow Hwy 12 all the way to Madison.(My usual route to Great Lakes Dragway)

Cruise Safe!
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
    X