PT Route??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT Route??

I know it's a little early, but have there been any rumors to the actual route between the stops?

I'm a little anxious about the route also. I check the boards like 5 times a day for any updates. 53 year old kid waiting on Christmas.
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Traditionally ... not till about two weeks before it starts.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
        Traditionally ... not till about two weeks before it starts.
        when Mr. Monster decides it's time to reveal the route, he and he alone, the Supreme Leader and Grand Poobah of the Hot Rod Power Tour route, will inform all of the minions of the route to follow..........hah! rexx!

Comment

My prediction for the STL to Memphis leg will be the same route that Drag Week took in 2013. 70E east, 255 South, IL Rt3 South, IL146West,(crossing into MO), MO 74W, I-55 S, 155 East (crossing into TN), 51 South to Millington. Other route would be taking MO Highway 61 south, if so I'll be posting things to see along the way in MO.
          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Madison Wisconsin to the lunch stop on Lake Zurich or only makes sense to go down route 12 all the way, or is actually almost the fastest route according to Google too
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

I'm guessing whether or not Mid-America does a lunch stop or not will determine if the Champaign, IL to Gateway route is the same as 2012 or not.
              GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
                I'm a little anxious about the route also. I check the boards like 5 times a day for any updates. 53 year old kid waiting on Christmas.

I agree Mike, it's like Christmas morning going through the list.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

With regards to Madison to Lake Zurich, I hope they take more back roads driving, cause that's what I like. Just curious does anybody else have any preferences in general-i.e. more highway vs back road vs???

Comment

2 lane blacktop to places we'd normally not see

Last edited by 70chevyC-10; April 27, 2015, 12:45 PM.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

ALL BACK ROADS..... I love all the people on sides of the road.and the sights are good too..All interstates are the same... BORING

Comment

Yep, just like that. Love those type places. I had that same Dave Mann print on my wall many moons ago.
                        I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
                          Yep, just like that. Love those type places. I had that same Dave Mann print on my wall many moons ago.
                          I just now noticed the Dave Mann on the wall -- there was so much neat stuff there (including the farmer's daughter barmaid) and the burger was great.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                            I'm guessing whether or not Mid-America does a lunch stop or not will determine if the Champaign, IL to Gateway route is the same as 2012 or not.
                            Emailed them a couple weeks ago, they were in the fence, due to vendor lunch cost going so high on the the tour and the actual cost of the lunch (employees and food etc...) They don't know if it is a good investment.
                            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by hornetdan View Post
                              With regards to Madison to Lake Zurich, I hope they take more back roads driving, cause that's what I like. Just curious does anybody else have any preferences in general-i.e. more highway vs back road vs???
                              Rt 12 is back roads 2 lane most of the way. And same road all the way from Madison to Lake Zurich.. With sone turns to stay on 12 in stone small towns.

Comment

Working...
                              X