Rental Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental Car

If anyone has noticed, in a few threads, I have posted that we are running a rental car this year. A Ford Fusion. Besides better gas milage and A/C (only my 88' Mustang has a/c, none of Harry' cars has a/c), just being stress free from something breaking far from home, has made up our minds.
    Not that it will change my mind, but just curious what you all think of this. (don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings)
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Why not, if other options fall through. It is a lot of planning and commitment to make this trip and then something happen to plan a at the last minute. If for no reason other than conditioned air. It's starting to warm up and humidity is rising down heya!
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

So if you are bring a rental I guess I want get to see that car in your avatar! Dang!
      I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

I'm glad you're going irregardless of your motivation.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I always thought of the Power Tour as inclusive and not exclusive.....if you want to see cars from our hobby this is where you got to be, if you want to hang with or see your friends from this hobby this is where you should be....and if just love it then you then you come to it how you need or feel to enjoy the first two reasons stated......
          Last edited by 383S-10; May 14, 2015, 01:30 PM.
          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
            So if you are bring a rental I guess I want get to see that car in your avatar! Dang!
            i long hauled it in 2006, 1 week after the restore was complete. with a 429cj, gas milage sucks. lucky to get 14mpg ON THE HIWAY.
            drove it 6 hours to dothan, al for a weekend party it january. needs valve seals, but runs good. it has a/c, but the switch is bad and they don't repop it.
            still, i like driving it.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
              I always thought of the Power Tour as inclusive and not exclusive.....if you want to see cars from our hobby this is where you got to be, if you want to hang with or see your friends from this hobby this is where you should be....and if just love it then you then you come to it how you need or feel to enjoy the first two reasons stated......
              kind of my feeling too.
              i've meet some great people over the years, noone i can say i didn't like.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                I'm glad you're going irregardless of your motivation.
                haven't bumped into you for a couple of years. hope to see ya this year.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I agree with 383S-10. This will be my third long haul and fifth time on the trip. At this point it is more about the friends I've made and the new ones I'll make this year. There are enough high dollar vender cars and enough cars that others will bring that will keep us all busy for days and we still won't see them all. But seven days on the road with my son and my friends is all I need. The cars are just a bonus.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Agree with everyone else..... just glad to have you along.
                    1967 Firebird 400

Comment

I'll drink to that! And that! And that! And what everybody's said. I'm ready to roll!
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

In 2009, since the Malibu was not yet ready, we took the SS Silverado. Reverted to my Harley days a bit (think chase truck here) & threw in a floor jack, tools, etc. Ended up being able to help some folks out. Including using the jack for a clutch change. In 2010, Malibu still not finished, we took the '08 HHR panel. Both had A/C, cruise, etc. 2011-14 we took the Malibu & felt more like a part of the tour. After all, it is the Hot Rod Power Tour.

That said, with trying to put a car together in the last month I am beginning to wonder if I can pull it off. Between Grandpa's daycare, parts that are backordered & a flooded basement that will take another couple of weeks to finish right, I am beginning to have my doubts. So I started to consider falling back on the Silverado again. Then I started thinking, after I read Cobras initial post on taking a rental car, why put all of the miles on one of my own vehicles? I wonder if anyone rents late model Camaros?
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

They do just don't know the cost!
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

You can get challengers, Chargers, Camaros and Mustangs from any of the rental places. I know that enterprise rents SRT challengers but I know it's not cheap
                            Last edited by Damon23; May 15, 2015, 03:48 AM.
                            Visit my sons blog:
                            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Glad to see you will be with us! If the control arms don't show in the next few days, we may have to utilize "Plan B"
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X