Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** St. Louis to Memphis Stop ***

Attention All BangShifters!!

Please read this and make a course of action. When the Power Tour leaves STL to head to Millington, TN, you are going to encounter an exit that is closed. At some point the Tour will merge onto I57 and run that until you merge onto I55 South. You will take that until you get to Hayti, and at Mile Marker/Exit 17, you will merge onto I155, towards Dyersburg, TN.

There is one small problem- That exit was closed this past weekend. I55 goes down to two (2) lanes starting at Mile Marker 19. Therefore, there are several exits that are closed. How do I know this?! Because I just drove that route from Jefferson City on yesterday…… My advice is to go on down to Exit 14, and take Highway U over to I155. Or you could go through Caruthersville, but I don’t suggest that.

So, if anyone has any connections to Hot Rod, or any of the people running logistics, please spread the word!! Otherwise, that is going to be one cluster-f*ck trying to get to Dyersburg.

I hope this helps ya'll!!

Bucky
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

someone forward that to HotRod, or White Monster......rexx!

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Rexx- I just noticed you no longer live in Chicago..... And you're now in Indiana. Should I congratulate you?!?

Criscobath- You are very welcome....

For anyone interested, you can get all the current, up-to-date road conditions and closures here: http://traveler.modot.org/map/

As of now, that exit is still closed.... Good Luck to ya'll!!

Bucky
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Sweet Moses, is there a road in that state that isn't under construction, closed or flooded?
          Last edited by Criscobath; May 27, 2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
            Rexx- I just noticed you no longer live in Chicago..... And you're now in Indiana. Should I congratulate you?!?

Criscobath- You are very welcome....

For anyone interested, you can get all the current, up-to-date road conditions and closures here: http://traveler.modot.org/map/

As of now, that exit is still closed.... Good Luck to ya'll!!

Bucky

Bucky.....thanks for the info.....yes, now in Indiana (after 42 years in one profession, retired last fall, and enjoying some free time)......thanks again for the route updates, it will help when I'm on the road.......rexx!

Comment

Thanks for the notice, looks like picking up US-51 in Cairo, IL and heading south on the east side of the river may be an answer.
              1993 LX Mustang Convertible
              1987 Saleen Mustang Hatchback

Comment

thanks for the heads up.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Bucky are you going this year? Rex, welcome to the Hoosier state!
                  Powertour off/on since 2002
                  sigpic

Comment

Go to google maps, the detour is shown. There are two options, Route U and US 412 W.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                      Go to google maps, the detour is shown. There are two options, Route U and US 412 W.

thanks.....already looking at the maps.......rexx!

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                        Bucky are you going this year? Rex, welcome to the Hoosier state!
                        didn't realize you were up there.......You going this year James?
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bucky, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks Bucky and good to see you back to the forum, same for Bishir....folks have been inquiring about you guys.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the exit closures!!

Comment

Working...
                              X