X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRATFEST 2

Need feedback A.S.A.P.

Is there interest in having BRATFEST?

Would a BRUNCH STOP work ? or would an evening event be better?

I have heard some are going to the dragstrip to run . Heard it may be a part of the 2 day thing w/ the driving in madison. dont know officially.

I plan on being in Madison on friday and sat.nites; and to do the ride to Racine together if possible.( and the truck is running!!) and get down to the venue for awhile. but it isnt a problem to do it. I have lots of help.

MOPARJIM71 has already offered to obtain some JOHNSONVILLE BRATS and CHIPS; If we do it. I need to let him know soon!

SO, i need input and will take it from there! need to know.... SOON!!!!!!

post here or send a p.m. hope to see ya in june! mike & carolyn

Re: BRATFEST 2

good question....have also heard that since Great Lakes will be open, some folks might stop there to do some runs (weather permitting, of course; are they charging admission to watch or run, don't know)....my first thought would be for an evening bratfest (6-7 pm?), but I would attend and contribute either brunch or pm....rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
      good question....have also heard that since Great Lakes will be open, some folks might stop there to do some runs (weather permitting, of course; are they charging admission to watch or run, don't know)....my first thought would be for an evening bratfest (6-7 pm?), but I would attend and contribute either brunch or pm....rexx

good to hear from you rexxy! i need to call GLD and talk to them... or just run out there friday and get the facts straight.
      the more i think about it myself; it would probably be best to get down to the venue earlier and park on MAIN ST..
      REMEMBER...it is only 70-80 miles from MADISON to RACINE very short trip so the noon opening of venue will not be any problem.

Comment

I'll be there again with more this time. Either way works well with us and we are camping again this year. I don't know what we can contribute but there are 4 of us this year and we'll find a way to be useful.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

MIKEE Thanks for considering to do this again. Just got my new HRM and they say the track at 'Da Grove will be open
          and it will be part 2 of the autocross/drag race challenge. So an evening event sounds good. I agree with Rexx though,
          brunch or evening would be great and we will be there. Your house-what do YOU want to do. Also, would you like me to
          send something now or when we see you?
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Brats and maybe even a Kringle - who could refuse?

Comment

I'm down for the BRATFEST II by the way. ;D ........but I have to warn everyone......

WARNING: Madison's rainy season peaks in June so a plan B should also be considered. The average rain fall on June 5 and 6 is nearly 1/4 inch. :'(

Historical Summary for June 05 - June 06

Temperature:
              The Average High Temperature is 73 F with a historical range of 45 F to 88 F
              The Average Low Temperature is 55 F with a historical range of 43 F to 68 F
              There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90?F / 32?C).
              There is a 89% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60?F / 16?C).
              There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32?F / 0?C).

Daily Precipitation:
              The Average Daily Precipitation is 0.23 with a historical range of 0.00 to 1.26
              There is a 64% chance of a Precipitation Day.

Cloud Cover:
              Average Cloud Cover is partly cloudy
              There is a 32% chance of a Cloudy Day.

Wind:
              The Average Wind is 6 mph with a historical range of 0 mph to 13 mph

Comment

As I remember only the brat cookers and thirsty attendies were outside - MIKEE had tables setup inside the shed (really nice garage) for people to sit and eat. It fact it was the nicest part of Racine for us in 2007.

Comment

Rain?.....on the tour from the Zoo to Racine, it rained so much, and so hard, and for so long, I thought I would need an ark to get there; I'm driving a coupe, and I'm wetter inside the car than folks outside, driving with a towel on my head (suspicious?) and another towel to wipe off the inside of the windshield so I can see where I'm going, my trunk is a bathtub...anyway, the Racine lakefront venue, I thought, was beautiful, ruined somewhat by the rain. The braftest at MIKEE'S was terrific, a great capoff to the day; what ever MIKEE decides to do about bratfest, if he does it, I am supportive, even to sending a check to cover expenses....hope that folks keep us advised....

Comment

Mike, I'll be there day or night. Just say when. The first Bratfest was a great time and I'ld gladly do it again.
                    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I'll be there!

Comment

Hey Mikee, I'm looking forward to it. I tried a brat for the first time on PT at the stop in Arlington Heights. I think the eveing event would be great. Shamu, all of us remeber that the weather in Racine last time was pretty crappy, but it cleared up just in time for the Bratfest! I can't bring any of NC's famous BBQ that distance and keep it fresh. I'll be happy to donate to the cause though. How about I bring some locally brewed beer!
                        Non-denominational car nut.
                        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                        Do you go all the way?

Comment

I'll be there in spirit
                          It was a great time in 07 in spite of the weather

Have fun one & all
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln
                            I'll be there in spirit
                            It was a great time in 07 in spite of the weather

Have fun one & all
                            Us too.... :-[ :'(

Linda 8)

Comment

Chances are that we can be there in the evening. After 2 PT's I know better then to make concrete plans in advance. ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X