Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car/truck are you driving in the 2016 HRPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What car/truck are you driving in the 2016 HRPT?

I drove my Dart this year, but am seriously thinking about dragging the entire family along next year. If I go that route, I have just the vehicle.

1990 Regency Conversion Suburban. Only 80k miles on the clock. I have a driveline shake (around 70 mph) to fix, a new exhaust to put on, a cracked side window to replace, wider tires to mount, and a bit of lowering to do before next year.

Crisco, if you drive 80 you won't have a 70 MPH shake! Oh, don't know what we're driving yet.
    Last edited by moparjim71; July 3, 2015, 09:30 PM.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-17_23-21-50_825.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	1043310 Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, plus it'll get me out of the new car debate. LOL​​​​
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1043310[/ATTACH] Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, plus it'll get me out of the new car debate. LOL​​​​

"DEBATE"??? There is no debate. Old cars rock!!!

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I'm with Perry. Going to bust my butt to make sure the Catalina will be ready.
          Visit my sons blog:
          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
            Crisco, if you drive 80 you won't have a 70 MPH shake! Oh, don't know what we're driving yet.
            Right on! As I learned this year, as long as it doesn't shake at 45mph or 80mph all should be fine.

Comment

I hope to take the Torino next year.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

We'll be in the Chevelle SS396 convertible as usual next year, however, there will be some improvements for 2016. Now that we have the mechanical problems addressed, AirConditioning will be added, and maybe some interior upgrades. We also have a harmonic vibration that starts at 72 mph. I suspect there may be an issue with the pinion angle, so adjustable upper control arms may be the best way to correct that.
                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                Gregg and Deb Miller
                Verona, Wi.

Comment

i had simular vibration trans xmember to low raised up half inch made all the differance

Comment

I'm not sure what I'll be in..... Or if I'll even go. Depends on where the Tour goes and what I own at the time. Might take my 02 SLP SS again. I love the fact that I can cruise with the T-Tops out and yet, I still get 25+ miles to the gallon!!
                    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                    - George Orwell

Comment

If they go "west"... nothing... that's just too far for me

If they come back east I'll likely take the 65 Mustang again... however, I would love to take the 67 C10, but gas $ could affect that decision...
                      Last edited by Jesse James 80; July 8, 2015, 08:05 AM.
                      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                        If they go "west"... nothing... that's just too far for me

If they come back east I'll likely take the 65 Mustang again... however, I would love to take the 67 C10, but gas $ could affect that decision...
                        If they go west I plan on doing a east coast run. I can not take any more days off or have the increased expense, although I would love to do a western run.

Comment

Picked this up in Detroit 2 hours ago. Buying tires before driving home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1044593
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 74NovaMan; July 12, 2015, 01:16 PM.
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Chris, congrats! You may need to build a shed!
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

You'll love driving that car. I did the tour in 2012 in the 92 Z28 I had. It was a blast. Congrats.
                              Visit my sons blog:
                              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X