• New Toy

Broke down and bought a new toy yesterday
    . Click image for larger version

Name:	20150702_165908.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1043173

Left over 2014 F-150. Mostly basic.
    Rubber floor mates, no carpet - this is ok. it's a work truck. my old truck has mostly original interior....the carpet has been replaced 3 times.
    Vinyl on the seats - this is ok. i prefer this to cloth. easier to keep clean. i don't get why they went away from this.
    AM/FM radio - i always get an aftermarket radio anyway.
    Standard rims and tires - again, i would have replaced these anyway, so why pay for them from the factory.
    It does have the trailer tow package, which is mainly what i wanted.
    I wanted the V8, but this came with the Ecoboost V6, which is a more expensive motor. bonus.
    Had a little trouble figuring out how to role down the windows. Evidently, there is the little plastic thing on the door that you turn around in circles and this makes the windows go down.

Got it cheap. Not worried about the depreciation of a 2014, as i'll keep it over ten years and put over 150K to 200K miles on it. It will be a dependable backup, as my old F150 (165K) and the Escape (196K) have alot of miles on them.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Congratulations!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Nice. I was riding by Carl Black GMC the other day and they had a work truck Sierra out front with 21,999 in big letters across it. That is a lot of vehicle for that kind of money. My company vehicle is a 2007 (OBS) equipped the same way and has gone 190k with minimum repairs, just upkeep. It is only when you start adding a bunch of stuff to these things that the risk goes up for failures over the years. I'd love to own a truck equipped like that to have as a daily driver and then keep my excursion for occasional use. I wonder about those ecoboost engines though. They seem great but I guess time will tell. I know that the 4.3 that is in the sierra has been a dependable motor over it's life so I'd probably go that way. But, nice job and a person can really doll up a base model truck real easy and save a ton of money.
      Visit my sons blog:
      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Good job Bruce! There's a lot to be said in favor of a work truck. They just "go" and go and go.

Once or twice a year I upgrade Bubba the Truck by putting air in the tires.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
          Nice. I was riding by Carl Black GMC the other day and they had a work truck Sierra out front with 21,999 in big letters across it. That is a lot of vehicle for that kind of money. My company vehicle is a 2007 (OBS) equipped the same way and has gone 190k with minimum repairs, just upkeep. It is only when you start adding a bunch of stuff to these things that the risk goes up for failures over the years. I'd love to own a truck equipped like that to have as a daily driver and then keep my excursion for occasional use. I wonder about those ecoboost engines though. They seem great but I guess time will tell. I know that the 4.3 that is in the sierra has been a dependable motor over it's life so I'd probably go that way. But, nice job and a person can really doll up a base model truck real easy and save a ton of money.
          i was a bit concerned about the ecoboost dependability also. mainly the turbos. but they have put these into alot of vehicals and so far, the mags seem to like them. i guess i'll be able to give a better review once i get some miles on it and get a chance to tow with it and stomp on the gas to see if it can go like they say. 365HP, 410/420 torque.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Nice toy Bruce!!!
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

OMG!! Bruce spent some money!!!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                HAHahAhahahaH!!!!!!!!!! Yes, but we'll never get him in front of a microphone. He's adamant, that's ain't gonna happen.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  trust me, i got a deal
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

my first aftermarket accessory

Click image for larger version

Name:	10 tie downs 7-9-15.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1044336
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Already started down the slippery slope of aftermarket accessories!!!! Look out for a full transformation from factory to street monster.
                      PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                      1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

For what Bruce probably paid, that's an excellent starting platform for customizing everything to your own standards.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                          For what Bruce probably paid ...
                          Bruce probably got the owner to write him a check to take it off his hands!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            Bruce probably got the owner to write him a check to take it off his hands!
                            Almost
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Looks Good Bruce ! You will enjoy the 420 pd ft of torque when you pull a car trailer.

Still a Dodge man though DTB
                              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                              X