Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classicbern1, '57 chevy got Torched

Guys-
    I posted in the general section about classicbern1 - Bernie Wagner's '57 chevy and garage getting torched. If you are on Facebook, drop the man a line. He's hurting pretty bad right now.

Last edited by Eliteman76; July 14, 2015, 12:38 PM.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

A real shame :-(, but it would be a Classic Burn......
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Wow, that's terrible. How did it happen? (Sorry, not on Farcebook)
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
        A real shame :-(, but it would be a Classic Burn......
        I was thinking the same thing... what a horribly ironic forum name

That really sucks. My grandparents neighbor was a car guy and lost a fully restored 57 Crown Vic (first car he ever bought/drove) and 64 Impala Convertible. The barn they were in was struck by lightning, my grandma is the one that saw it and called 911. It was old wood and full of hay... it burned to the ground in minutes.
        Last edited by Jesse James 80; July 14, 2015, 02:51 PM.
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Talked to Bernie this afternoon, it's a real shame about the car and everything thing else he lost in the shop. I'm not on FB either but my son is, Eliteman is right drop him a line and help boost him up I know he'd appreciate it.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

That is a real tragedy what a beautiful car she was what a horrible way to go. So sorry for your loss!!!
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

That's got to more than just hurt......think about all the time invested into it.....labor of love.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Hang in there Bernie! You've got friends here! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and pops...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I had talked to Bernie not long after this happened and i have been to his shop. I could not believe this could happen. He sent me this pic's and I was in shock. Not only the car but the tools and life time of stuff a person collects over the years gone just like that. I only hope they can catch the a- hole or holes that did this. Even though it will not replace a thing. it would be nice to know who and why.... Sorry for all you have lost my friend but know that we are all here to lend a hand and help you out.

Comment

So, was it for sure arson and not electrical or something that got left on?

I kinda glazed over the "getting torched" part at the beginning... that changes a lot and someone needs an ass whoopin if true.
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; July 15, 2015, 05:38 AM.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Sad to see this...........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

well the only thing I can say at this point is that they have a person of interest or persons of interest but this is Baltimore and they dont give a #### I'm trying to let the police handle it but believe me they will will not get away with this sometimes it pays to have friends places

Comment

only have I lost all my tools and my most prized possession but emily is pissed I got her a new dirt bike it before she got in trouble she rode it one time it's goneI lost my 07 Honda Civic and 86 Trans Am I can't show you pictures because for some reason they won't load damn this sucks went by there this evening it was dark and the only thing I could see was the empty headlight buckets

Comment

I've people refer to something like this losing a family and I have to say yes it is. I want to go there so bad start straightening up the metal.but I can't even pull her out of there until the insurance company sees her

Comment

Sorry for your loss man! That has to hurt I know. I hope one our the other happens to the A holes who did this. As the saying goes God judges we just need to help them get there sooner!
                              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Working...
                              X