• Excellent News!! Happy constructing!
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• The big annual car show and cruise is this weekend. Tonight is the open cruise for everyone and Then the show Saturday and Sunday with the Saturday night cruise for show cars only. Did it once, not paying $35 so people can look at my car. Bumper to bumper traffic in a loop around the downtown area. Been working on transmission swap while on staycation. Even if I get it going in time, the temps are going back up today and tomorrow just in time for the show. Was down there Tuesday for a dentist appointment just to find out the lab messed up my crown. Whole day wasted, no work done on car. They were working on water pipes so the cruise may be interrupted anyway. The drive shaft did go in first try. Didn't have to rotate the rear or transmission. Was hoping to put in a temp gauge and cooler. Line to rubber adapters I bought are the wrong size and I need either a drain plug kit or a line t to install the sender. Tapping into the pan would be much cleaner now before the fluid goes in. In theory the sender could act as the drain plug.
      Last edited by stu yoakam; September 14, 2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• olmarais.com Over the River Car Club Ottawa Kansas. 32 years, 1600+ cars 72 and older.

Comment

• Back to the fun projects of this weekend: Replacing the back doors on the house with a fiberglass door stained to bring out the simulated wood grain that has a composite frame that will not rot.... less fingerprints show from garage travels and will hopefully be the last door I install on this opening in the house... this will be followed by a new premium storm door in dark brown for the same reason... at the same time Sean and I will be replacing the front hubs on my work truck as they started howling this week... still under the three year warranty!
          and then there's the new locksets for the house and garage.....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Busy, busy.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• exercising the body and mind keeps me going.... exercising the demons doesn't hurt either!
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Glad to have that project behind me.... the threshold had started to rot, so, thanks to technology for composite lumber....our storm door was also thrashed....from water intrusion! Call me old fashioned, but, storm doors are supposed to be water resistant, aren't they?
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Like a screen door on a submarine.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Wait a dammed minute.... I was in the USN on the only ship with a bathtub!.... bonus points for figuring that one out!
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Wait a dammed minute.... I was in the USN on the only ship with a bathtub!.... bonus points for figuring that one out!
                      USS Iowa

Comment

• Allen for the win!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I gave in and ordered a flexible dipstick for my transmission. I have to modify the TV cable corrector to fit the fitech tbi. That or shave the end off the throttle shaft so it can lay flat.

Comment

• They are going to start digging the footings for the shop today. Finally!
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Cool!
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Progress. Inspection in the morning, then concrete.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X