Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Blooms Tour 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring Blooms Tour 2016

    Ok, guys and dolls, boys and girls, and ladies and gentlemen!! It has been suggested to start a thread about the tour in April. So I guess i've been elected. Post up your votes for venue (as if we don't know!!). Normal dates for the SBT is last weekend in April, so I guess we'll stick with that unless someone requests something different. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? If it's like usual, doesn't really matter as long as we get together and the food, drink, and moonshine are flowing!!!!!
    Last edited by elcaminogirl59; October 16, 2015, 11:46 PM.
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

  • #2
    We're Inn. Who's coming? Let's sell the place out! Triple dog dare. Seriously.

    We've got about 30 kazoos that all need a mouth to latch onto.....
    Last edited by pdub; October 17, 2015, 03:19 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

    Comment


    • #3
      Well you know I'm in but I think I'll let Robert represent Team Corvette/Camaro with the kazoo. Might try to teach John the frog....don't know how that's gonna work, we'll see.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

      Comment


      • #4
        Frog, pig, cricket....we've got a whole zoo.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

        Comment


        • #5
          If the frog is too difficult, the cow bell works one handed!

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll know my schedule in January but planning on coming.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

            Comment


            • #7
              Too early to tell. I have a bunch of things going on around then. Want to try to do 110 miles of the AT in May. Might be able to tie it all in.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

              welcome to my world

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cobra View Post
                Want to try to do 110 miles of the AT in May. Might be able to tie it all in.
                Just leave your car at GHI. Jim can do burnouts with it. Or leave it at Weeville. We'll ride you up to the Trail and let you out and take your photo and post it! There's always a plan and a way....we'll even pick you up 110 miles later as long as it's on a weekend, and take you back to GHI to get your car. How easy is THAT?
                Last edited by pdub; October 18, 2015, 09:29 AM.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by peewee View Post

                  Just leave your car at GHI. Jim can do burnouts with it. Or leave it at Weeville. We'll ride you up to the Trail and let you out and take your photo and post it! There's always a plan and a way....we'll even pick you up 110 miles later as long as it's on a weekend, and take you back to GHI to get your car. How easy is THAT?
                  i appreciate the offer. i was thinking of bringing the truck, then leave it at the lodge at the beginning of the trail. 110 miles is just west of Franklin, NC. i have friends in Franklin. but as an alternative, maybe i could leave the truck at GHI if you could drop me off at the beginning of the trail, then i could hike further, closer to GHI, and get a ride to GHI. usually they have people that can give hikers rides. something to think about. thanks.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

                  welcome to my world

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cobra View Post
                    i appreciate the offer. i was thinking of bringing the truck, then leave it at the lodge at the beginning of the trail. 110 miles is just west of Franklin, NC. i have friends in Franklin. but as an alternative, maybe i could leave the truck at GHI if you could drop me off at the beginning of the trail, then i could hike further, closer to GHI, and get a ride to GHI. usually they have people that can give hikers rides. something to think about. thanks.
                    Bangshifter's get it done! We have the technology!
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cobra View Post
                      something to think about. thanks.
                      We can/will help you out if you like so Bruce. We've got a map triangle going on here. Everything is 2 hours (in the car). 2 hrs from Weeville to GHI. 2 hrs from GHI to Dalhonega (near where it looks on the map like the trail starts). 2 hrs from Dalhonega to Weeville.
                      Last edited by pdub; October 21, 2015, 03:08 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        eventually doing the whole AT is on the bucket list. talk like this is getting me excited (not like that. clean up your mind.)
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

                        welcome to my world

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Last weekend in April being: April 29th to May 1st ?
                          (Just so we are all on the same page for last weekend, Here in Pennsylvania the last weekend is sometimes the 4th weekend in the month)

                          This will be the 5th weekend that month
                          So. Central PA
                          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

                          NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OK so now I'm confused, LOL. I'll vote for 23rd and 24th.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cobra View Post
                              i appreciate the offer. i was thinking of bringing the truck, then leave it at the lodge at the beginning of the trail. 110 miles is just west of Franklin, NC. i have friends in Franklin. but as an alternative, maybe i could leave the truck at GHI if you could drop me off at the beginning of the trail, then i could hike further, closer to GHI, and get a ride to GHI. usually they have people that can give hikers rides. something to think about. thanks.


                              Bruce, we're always looking for a place to tour to on these GHI get togethers so we can call it a "tour" and not just a "bon fire brawl". I just hope you don't mind 17 classic cars and 31 people seeing you off and picking you up on your AT trek.
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

                              "I'd rather do it than watch it"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X