Car Runs & Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Runs & Shows

Lets get a list of shows or runs. In no particular order, this is some stuff I might do or have done in the past:
    • Metrolina Swap Meet & Auction, Charlotte NC: Jan 8th. & 9th 2016 (small show, but not much else to do this time of year)
    • Moultrie Ga Swap Meet, Moultrie GA Feb. 5th 2016
    • Run to the Sun, Myrtle Beach SC. March 17th. 20th.
    • Charlotte Autofair and AACA show, Concord NC April 7-10
    • F100 Supernationals & Ford Show, Lebanon Tenn. May 12-14 2016
    • Hot Rod power Tour, June 2016 Who knows where...
    • Car Craft Summer Nationals, Milwaukee Wis. ? July 2016
    • Crusin the Coast, Biloxi MS. Oct 2-9 2016
    • Mountain Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville GA. Oct. 21-23 2016
    • Goodguys Southeastern Nats, Concord NC. Oct 21-23 2016
    • Somernights Cruise, Somerset KY. 4th Saturday of the month, April - October 2016

I know there are many more, such as The Spring Blooms Tour and Western Scenic Tour North East Rod Run etc.. Lets keep building on this list with larger shows or runs.

Depending what happens with PT, I plan on putting something together in conjunction with one of these events or some other event that is suggested. A possibility is leaving the south east, driving mostly back roads to Auburn Indiana, spending a day or two in Auburn doing the museums, then heading to the CC Summer nats.

Western Scenic Tour. Sept. 12-17th 2016
    WC Criusers Cruise to the Woods (early October in IA)
    Woodward Dream Cruise
    Hot Rod Drag Week

The top 2 we've done, the others are on my list!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Cruisin Ocean City, MD in Mid May every year. about 10,000 cars over taking a 15 mile area for 4 days
      Endless Summer Cruisin in Oct. every year same show but open to any year cars and trucks.

Both times of year are a fun time because cars are driving everywhere not just staring at bumpers all day in a lot somewhere.

Comment

Nationals in Louisville (usually over 10,000 cars)
        Woodward (as mentioned already)
        Grand National Show in LA at the end of January.
        Cruisin the Coast, Ms (as mentioned above)
        Race of Gentleman, NJ (Oct)
        PT (as mentioned above)

these are the ones i am shooting for this year. i would like to make at least 4 of these (plus spring bloom cruise)
        Last edited by cobra; December 10, 2015, 09:56 AM.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
          Cruisin Ocean City, MD in Mid May every year. about 10,000 cars over taking a 15 mile area for 4 days
          Endless Summer Cruisin in Oct. every year same show but open to any year cars and trucks.

Both times of year are a fun time because cars are driving everywhere not just staring at bumpers all day in a lot somewhere.
          Some of the locals down here go to Ocean City, they say it is awesome.

I would love to do Woodward also.

Comment

Daytona Turkey Run. I know it's just a giant swap meet,but it was a fun time..Also Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale,AZ, which I go to every January. And there is Good-Guys in Columbus, Ohio,the largest Good-Guys event.
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
              Daytona Turkey Run. I know it's just a giant swap meet,but it was a fun time..Also Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale,AZ, which I go to every January. And there is Good-Guys in Columbus, Ohio,the largest Good-Guys event.
              I did the Turkey Rod Run for the first time this year. That was a fun show. We hung out at Belair Plaza in the evening. I am usually at the All Ford Swap Meet in Columbus Ohio that weekend, just happened to be in Daytona this year.

There are some really good suggestions so far, some stuff I never heard of.

Comment

Key West PowerCruise http://www.keywestpowercruise.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  This one would be great. I have always wanted to see Key West.

Comment

Have you done this one? Having been to the Keys that seems like a lot of time spent in one spot with not many roads.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Have you done this one? Having been to the Keys that seems like a lot of time spent in one spot with not many roads.
                      No I have not. It is ONLY 100 miles from Key Largo to Key West - even driving a Ford it can't possible take 4 days to get there but they do! There are however quite a few Tike bars on that stretch of road.

Comment

When we stay in Key Largo we usually drive to Key West for lunch and then drive back the same day. It is a beautiful drive. If Power Tour 16 ends in Florida, we may have to make a run to Key West.
                        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                        79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

This one looks like a good trip to bring the family too.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

This one looks like a good trip to bring the family too.
                            I don't know if Key West is as fun with the family
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

No I have not. It is ONLY 100 miles from Key Largo to Key West - even driving a Ford it can't possible take 4 days to get there but they do! There are however quite a few Tike bars on that stretch of road.
                              Allen, we need to think about doing this one some year.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X