Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac Gone?

Newspaper says Pontiac Brand is gone.

And the Government is the partial owner of GM.

Re: Pontiac Gone?

Glad I'm a Ford guy. ;D Seriously, I see nothing good of the government running GM.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Very blue day for me, needless to say. >

Unfortunately, there are no good guys in this story ----- and not likely to be for a long time :'(
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Time to go find a Goat or Bird before it's too late ...
        :P

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          Time to go find a Goat or Bird before it's too late ...
          Thats for sure Steve..... Get what you can, the condition of those projects don't matter anymore!

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Yes, this is a bad day. I have two Pontiacs. I also can't see anything good happening with the government having anything to do with GM. They can't seem to run themselves very well.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Jim, my son drives a Solstice too. Been trying to think up a parts list for him. Any ideas?
              Ed.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

the scary part is Chairman Maobama's requirement on "viability" is forcing only two choices....bankruptcy or convert the proposed 51% gov preferred stock(non-voting) to common stock(voting),allowing them to excersize book juggling to appear "viable",but at the same time giving control(51%) to the gov.Couple this with the tarp rules at the banks(and don't let them return the money to escape it) and you have paved the road to you know what.

First control the money,then control manufacturing......Karl Marx
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Just think..... this is his first 100 days, what about the 1360 he has left?

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
                    Just think..... this is his first 100 days, what about the 1360 he has left?
                    Answer = Scary

Wait this could be taken as political, so 66Fury, we need to slap our hands and quit.

Comment

.. shame on both of you !!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                        Jim, my son drives a Solstice too. Been trying to think up a parts list for him. Any ideas?
                        Ed.
                        First of all what year is it? If it is a 06 or 07 before they fixed the rear ends, I would suggest he get one of those. I had a new one put in, in Dec. Also, Ed I wouldn't worry about not getting parts for it in the future, we have a 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora, and we can still get parts for it. If I'm not mistaken, I think GM will have to maintane(sp) a part inventory for a few years.
                        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Wait this could be taken as political, so 66Fury, we need to slap our hands and quit.

It's economic.......and pertinent to my annual vacation sponsors ;D
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I agree, it's economics 101.
                            Jim, PM sent.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd

It's economic.......and pertinent to my annual vacation sponsors ;D
                              I'll stand in the corner on a time out, After the Tour..... ;)

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                              1966 Plymouth Fury III
                              2014 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Working...
                              X